United (H) Post Match Thread

5/10 performance by the whole team, with some less than that, and as a result unable to step up when needed. Going a goal down rattled us and just never recovered.
Given the run I don’t think it’s right to go after the team, but it does make Southampton a must win for me, just to avoid crisis talk in the media.
Time to reset and go again

2 mistakes. Gabby for the pen. Cancelo for the second. Same players bailed us out of the shit and dominated the country over the last 4 months. Same players that will lift the league trophy (3 in 4 years). Don't be so fucking fickle.

The loss has pissed me off to the point where the wife and kids went upstairs. The reaction of our "fans" has fucking riled me. Disgraceful

So you want to lecture us disgraceful “fans” but you are sitting alone downstairs?

Stayed off this thread on purpose.

Flicking through the posts and pages, I'm glad I did. Deary me!

It's done. We lost against the Rags.(again) And the unbeaten run is over.

Reset. Refocus. Rethink. We go again on Wednesday against Southampton. And win!

God that was shit, made me go to bed angry.
Fuck me we really need a fit and proper goal scorer, Jesus is good in other ways, Aguero is getting on,

I really don’t understand what the deal I with these cunts are, how we can beat them and make them look like children in the cup but then shit the bed at home.

the only solace is they’re so far behind we could stand to lose it but let’s hope we get our heads together and not perform like that again.

Anyway, CTID, let’s move on.

It just had to be against them didn't it... Still, eleven points clear and at least it didn't come in a one off Champions League or FA Cup game like it did last season. Hopefully we learn from this, most notably that we cannot play that midfield three together, and push on from this.

The Rags showed we still have a lot of improvements to make.

We still have major weaknesses against counter attacking teams, we still look vulnerable.

We put together a quite incredible run, but yet again failed against a poor United team, very, very disappointing.
Disagree,we have the tools but Pep left them in the box.

Why didn't Pep play Bernardo? Surely, not because he isn't part of our best XI. Maybe Bernardo was a bit tired from his heroic exploits over the last 3 months and Pep wanted to keep him fresh for the final part of the season while giving Kevin a chance to regain form?

Or Pep was also thinking about Southampton, Fulham, Borussia... and the record of consecutive wins, and wanted to make sure we field strong teams in those games too?

When we lost from Lyon, Pep was probably thinking about Bayern. This goes some way in explaining some apparently strange decisions. One of the reasons why Pep manages to achieve long winning runs is that he rotates and thinks about what comes next. Sometimes, however, it backfires. That's normal. You must take some risks when trying to achieve big things. It's ultimately a squad game, especially when you compete in all competitions.

I sensed from Pep's interview before the game that he wasn't confident. He knew we weren't playing our very best team and were taking risks. Had he dropped Kevin though and we had lost nevertheless, the backlash would be huge. So, he tried to find a solution while also rewarding Zinchenko, Jesus and Mahrez for their performances and allowing us to field good teams against Southampton, Fulham, Borussia and Everton. The risk Pep took didn't pay off but it wasn't illogical really.

Even Messi's Barca never won 20 consecutive games in all competitions. Every 10 or 15 or 20 games you have a bad day at the office and things go south. See our line up when we lost from Wigan in 2018. It was excellent. Shit happens.

Havent slept well, still really pissed of with yesterday. I really dont understand starting 11. The team that started against liverpool should have started against utd. A team full of pace, running and energy, not a team lacking in all 3 ! I dont get it . Really dont get.

It seems Pep is trying to fit KDB into the team at the cost of the team performance. KDB isnt match fit yet, his passing is of, he doesnt chase back, slows our game ddown. Our best 11 at the moment doesnt include KDB , this wasnt the game to carry a player trying to get back to match fitness.

Pep missed judge that this is utds cup final, that utd will raise their game ( again ) against City. 3 times at least now Pep has got it wrong against utd. To lose against a good team is ok but when City look scared, timmed, lacking confidence again against utd I dont get it.

As soon as I saw the starting 11 I was worried but just thought its Pep he knows his best 11 to play utd.

The penalty set the tone for the match but I still dont understand why City looked so scared of utd, scared to pass scared to shot. Teams should be scared of City , a City win yesterday takes us 17 points. So why were City so bloody scared of them ? I sometimes think Pep over thinks things and it puts doubt in the players minds.

I said after the match that starting 11 could have been the team against Southampton. Against liverpool, utd who rely on pace , you match their pace. Not to start with Phil and Bernie was mad. When our attack broke down utd just ran through our midfield time after time. On one attack they had 5 against 4 no midfield in sight.

Still pissed off !! Yes it was a great run of 21 games but I am abit worried about KDB. A 100% KDB is a starter but the last 3 games City havent been good. City needed goals and I dont think Sergio even warmed up.

I can feel me at 60 yes old now starting to fret ! I hope typical City arent coming back. Perhaps I am over reacting as it hurts like hell to lose against this utd team.
Yes the run had to end at some point but to them, with such a slow City 11, feels such a let down, like we surrendered it, didnt pick our best 11.
I watched it and dont even remember them mention utd players names much as City had most of the ball, and that makes it worst ! I mean Shaw of all people ran from his half unchallenged and fucking scores. Where was the midfield ? Where ? Fucking Shaw and it wasnt the only time utd ran from deep without the midfield getting back.

Time to stop writing so angry about it :(

Southampton is now a big game in my eyes .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.