New Champions League format

May be it just me but I like the sound of 10 games in a league of 36, seems far more interesting than the current group stage. I’m not against an 18 team premier league either, think it was an original plan when it was formed.
Not a fan of wildcards, but 2 is less than I feared.
That was how I felt to be honest, and I'd rather be on the inside than the outside.
A European super league won’t take long now. I predict within 5 years. The top clubs want too much money and most of them also need it (Barca,Madrid). The fact is these clubs don’t wanna be playing the likes of sheff Utd, West Brom, Eibar, Huesca etc. They want a franchise NFL style league where can absolutely rinse the fuck out of it for money
For that reason I'd also prefer to be on the inside, even if I don't like it, but this might be the best way to avoid it.
I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea. 2 more away trips than at present and hopefully not playing the same teams every season.
Good point about playing the same teams, but it depends how it's stitched up, and I've no doubt it will be if it can be.

I am no nationalist but it would be interesting if the English league amalgamated and said only English players. Cardiff and Wrexham etc would go in the Welsh league who can have solely Welsh. The Scots would play in Scotland and Ireland would have to stop supporting the rags or the dippers and support a club on their own turf.

May be it just me but I like the sound of 10 games in a league of 36, seems far more interesting than the current group stage. I’m not against an 18 team premier league either, think it was an original plan when it was formed.
Not a fan of wildcards, but 2 is less than I feared.
Who picks the wildcards, do we know?

to be fair current format is getting boring, 32 clubs in 8 groups almost zero surprises in group stage. maybe 1 really unnderperforming strong club fails and 1 overperforming defies the odds to go through but thats is.
United failed this season haha Thursday night that is yours.

then in knockout stages again unless there is a big tie in last 16 like Barca-PSG there are rarely exciting ties.
Often you can call the teams going through after first leg.

Bayern, Pool, City, Chelsea, PSG, Real, Dortmund, Juventus, thats the last 8 for you...
maybe 1 surprise in Porto/Juve game but is not likely...

I actually think it might be better as it freely admits it's about the rags dippers the German rags the Spanish rags and the Catalonian dippers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.