Denis Zakaria

Gundogan came to mind for me as well. Although, Gundogan was twice the player that of Zakaria at his peak at Dortmund.

Maybe the market for Fernandinho type midfielders is so bad that we will end up taking a punt at Zakaria. These rumours seem to get stronger despite Zakaria's less than impressive form.
We aren’t looking for a peak Fernandinho player to replace Fernandinho. That player is Rodri. What we are looking for if anything is a player to replace this years Fernandinho, who’ll start maybe 20 games this season if that isn’t another year of Fernandinho which would suit me then a €20 mill Zakaria maybe could be.

The fee is reasonable but feels like a waste of a foreign spot to me. Didn’t look particularly impressive in either tie against us plus his injury record is really poor.

If that price is correct then it sounds like a no brainer.He has enough ability to act as an understudy which will also provide him time to fully recover and rediscover his preinjury form.
Then if in 12 months Lavia develops into the player we hope,and Zakaria hasnt suddenly become world class.....we can sell for at least the money we saved and promote an academy kid.

The fee is reasonable but feels like a waste of a foreign spot to me. Didn’t look particularly impressive in either tie against us plus his injury record is really poor.

didn’t look impressive against us?
Jesus Christ he was their only decent player and more than held his own.

What type of knee injury did he have?
It's not clear. There was a report about "small cleavage in the moving bone of the knee head, which may lead to permanent damage if pressed" prior to the surgery. The rehab period after the op was initially estimated at 4-6 weeks, but it took him about 35 weeks to get fit. So the state of his knee is unknown, could be anything

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.