Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All schools are back

Next week we can meet outside with friends and family with a bit restrictions on numbers, Grass root football and outdoor sports return

couple weeks Hairdressers and all shops will be allowed to reopen, Gyms, Zoos and Pub Gardens will all be open

then May/June it's all pretty much back to normal.
Dream on!

https://apple.news/AUMEWLvMZQsSWIVYZ5S-cgA

I’m surprised a little that’s it so low. There has been a few on here who’ve had prolonged symptoms & I’ve spoken to a few (running mates for example) which had long covid.

Im three months in and no chance of running at the moment. Still feel the cold quite considerably too (and I’m usually ‘warm blooded).

There was a marathon runner on the news yesterday who’s had it for a year.
I’d imagine I’d had a physical job I wouldn’t be able to do it.

From April 1 it is illegal to leave the UK for a holiday.

Although you can if you own a second home. 'Cos obviously it would be unfair to penalise second home owners.

So, we have a COVID hierarchy:

1) The destitute or near-destitute who have no income as a result of the pandemic. The food bank attendees. For them, nothing. They're nameless, and invisible.

2) Those in poverty, whose incomes have been hit, cannot afford to self-isolate when unwell or positive, and are disproportionately hit by the disease itself. "Leicester"

3) Those whose lives are limited by the lockdowns, may have lost relatives, haven't been able to see close relatives for months, and for whom it is now illegal to go on holiday abroad. "The plebs"

4) The rich, who may well have actually done better economically from the pandemic, and now are rescued from the appalling prospect of not being able to visit their Tuscan villa at Easter. "The Johnsons"

We're all in this together, innit.

In the latest (6 day old remember) data on weekly Pop score published for England 7 of the 10 GM boroughs are now in the top 40 most infected areas of the country.

Here are the 'latest' scores as of this last week data with the position for each borough as of last night to show change since.

Tameside highest at 13th on score 118 and rising. (Much the same, still top in GM at 117 - though down from high of 124)

Salford in 19th on 112 and rising. (Now down to 6th in GM having fallen back to 96)

Bolton in 22nd on 107 and rising. (Sadly climbed since and now second in GM on 111)

Bury in 27th on 103 and rising. (Has dropped a lot since and is now 3rd best in GM on just 88)

Rochdale in 28th on 102 and falling (Has unfortunately been rising steadily and is now on 111)

Oldham in 29th on 102 and falling (Has stayed more or less in that same spot and is now 103)

Rossendale is 30th (three areas closely linked with near identical data)

Wigan is 31st on 100 and rising (Has stayed stable and was at 101 last night)

Manchester is just outside the top 40 at 44th on 87 and falling (has risen a bit since and is at 92)

Stockport in 63rd was on 77 and falling (It rose a little then fell and was back on 77 as of last night).

And the only GM borough outside the top 100 is, of course, Trafford

In 174th at 39 and falling (has had a bit on an uptick since and was at 48 last night).

Other notable Pop Scores in this 6 day old table

Blackpool41, Liverpool 41, Wirral 29

And watch places I used to post daily for readers here on request:-Cheshire East in 123rd on 53 and Medway at 229th (not top as was in Jan!) on 29

Sadly Swansea is not faring so well -it is 5th in the Wales list and rising by the highest % of any borough. BUT crucially given Wales low numbers 5th place comes with a Weekly Pop of just 53 - better than every borough bar Trafford in GM.

North Devon at just 5 has the lowest England Weekly Pop Score. There are 31 of the 315 boroughs under 20. The best in the north being Carlisle on 19.

Although you can if you own a second home. 'Cos obviously it would be unfair to penalise second home owners.

So, we have a COVID hierarchy:

1) The destitute or near-destitute who have no income as a result of the pandemic. The food bank attendees. For them, nothing. They're nameless, and invisible.

2) Those in poverty, whose incomes have been hit, cannot afford to self-isolate when unwell or positive, and are disproportionately hit by the disease itself. "Leicester"

3) Those whose lives are limited by the lockdowns, may have lost relatives, haven't been able to see close relatives for months, and for whom it is now illegal to go on holiday abroad. "The plebs"

4) The rich, who may well have actually done better economically from the pandemic, and now are rescued from the appalling prospect of not being able to visit their Tuscan villa at Easter. "The Johnsons"

We're all in this together, innit.
I own a second home in France.
You are wrong.
I can only go to prepare it for rent or sale.
Some proof will be required to show I rent it or have put it on the market.
I do neither so I cannot go.
Further, most people with second homes drive there and get the ferry or euro tunnel, none of which have been operating for many months.

Who would ask ? It's irellevent. If Other countries require rthem then somebody has to supply them. If not the government / NHS then who?
Specifically pubs/restaurants/festivals etc in this country.
Now the vulnerable are pretty much vaccinated and we are well on the way of jabbing a good chunk of adults ... why would a pub ask if u have been vaccinated ?

it doesnt stop u spreadung it, the NHS by then will be in an even better position ..

so.. for what benefit would a pub get by asking for proof ?

Before I go?
Pray tell.
And I can’t get there, no ferries or eurotunnel.
Nearest airport is too far.

I can only go to prepare it for rent or sale.

I confidently predict that many "essential" visits to prepare for such will be made to such properties during peak holiday periods.

Specifically, I predict the Easter school holidays will see a huge influx of the well-heeled to their 2nd properties, where family members will also be providing labour to them.

From March 29 it will be a criminal offence to leave the UK for a holiday.

And so it should be while things are escalating elsewhere, plus plenty of people rode roughshod over government advice to fuck off over to the likes of Dubai, etc. I also note from that article that the new coronavirus laws will permit protests so this notion that the government are becoming ever more authoritarian doesn't exactly ring true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.