Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not seen that before. Sample size nowhere near large enough to find those events (20,000 on active only).
20,000 might be enough for most people in the street but not regulators in Norway or Germany. They have their processes so fair enough

Sir David John Spiegelhalter crunched the numbers when the Germans suspended AZ vaccine roll out and found that even if there was a causal relationship (not found), 5 times more people would be seriously harmed by suspending the vaccine compared with the number impacted by the blood clots (and the differential would increase over time). I’m just going off his maths.

I'm not a fan of this government but where have they said "get jabbed or else"? The way I see it, they're more reluctant to bring in Covid passports than some other governments and would prefer to leave it up to individual businesses/venues to decide. If other countries insist we have to have one to holiday there then there's not much our government can do but to go along with it.

Also, where have they made holidays "illegal"? All they're doing is just advising that the situation in many other countries is such that booking anything for the near future wouldn't be a wise move. You can still take a punt though and book a holiday abroad if you want.

As for not having any freedom despite half the country being jabbed, we have a roadmap out of lockdown that was announced weeks ago and so far that timetable hasn't been altered, so unless something goes drastically wrong in the meantime you can go and get wankered in a pub beer garden in a little over 2 weeks time.

Heard Jason Leitch, Scottish advisor, say the other day that they would prefer the WHO to take the lead on this and have a global passport, but he never clarified if he was talking about the government’s health advisors or the government as well. I inferred all of them.

you can book if you like but i am sure travelling abroad is still illegal, without a certified reason?

View attachment 13120

Of course, but is that such a bad thing at this very moment in time? I was talking more about the future. Once the situation improves, that will be lifted at some point. I just don't understand why anyone would accuse the government of having an "aggressive approach" when if anything it's safety first and they're now getting more things right when in the past they were way too complacent. Like I said, I'm far from a fan of this government but it seems they can't win whatever they do.

I will add though @BLUEMATT23 that I know you've been struggling more than most of us during this so please don't take any of what I said personally. In the UK at least, we're getting closer to restrictions being lifted and it won't be long before you can get out there and do the kind of things that we've not been able to for months. The data continues to be very encouraging so we just all need to hang in there a bit longer.

Of course, but is that such a bad thing at this very moment in time? I was talking more about the future. Once the situation improves, that will be lifted at some point. I just don't understand why anyone would accuse the government of having an "aggressive approach" when if anything it's safety first and they're now getting more things right when in the past they were way too complacent. Like I said, I'm far from a fan of this government but it seems they can't win whatever they do.

I will add though @BLUEMATT23 that I know you've been struggling more than most of us during this so please don't take any of what I said personally. In the UK at least, we're getting closer to restrictions being lifted and it won't be long before you can get out there and do the kind of things that we've not been able to for months. The data continues to be very encouraging so we just all need to hang in there a bit longer.

no i just meant now, id seen a few claims it's not illegal to go on holiday (at the moment) and just thought i'd share.

it's probably correct on balance to not allow it, i agree, but it's a really hard thing to take and i empathise with everyone who find this level of social control difficult, it's shit. yep, things will ease, but unfortunately at nowhere near the rate some are expecting i dont think. we'll see.

Cheers. Makes zero sense to me, given the reported prevalence is << the sample size and they had the full data to satisfy the DSMB concerns just 2 days later anyway.

Maybe just everyone is getting completely overwrought and sleep deprived.
It’s from Fergus Walsh at the BBC.

It's the constant changing of the goalposts that pisses people off, half of the population have been jabbed, shouldn't people now have a bit more of normality than what we have?

All schools are back

Next week we can meet outside with friends and family with a bit restrictions on numbers, Grass root football and outdoor sports return

couple weeks Hairdressers and all shops will be allowed to reopen, Gyms, Zoos and Pub Gardens will all be open

then May/June it's all pretty much back to normal.

What, have all those said they’re definitely having mandatory proof of vaccine to guarantee entry?

Did I say that they had definitely wanted mandatory proof of a vaccine? It’s all over the press today so a bit of a hot topic so no need for the nob head reply.

All schools are back

Next week we can meet outside with friends and family with a bit restrictions on numbers, Grass root football and outdoor sports return

couple weeks Hairdressers and all shops will be allowed to reopen, Gyms, Zoos and Pub Gardens will all be open

then May/June it's all pretty much back to normal.
Normal is stretching it a bit but it'll certainly feel a lot better.

It’s from Fergus Walsh at the BBC.

Yeah, saw that, thanks.

Like I say, it doesn't make any sense to me. The prevalence of these events causing concern is far less than 1:20,000 so the clinical trial data adds zip to our understanding of it - there are 20 million odd doses administered now. And I can't see why waiting all of two days would make any great difference one way or the other.

Still, the results are good, probably all be forgotten in a week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.