CB - Stones
LB - Cancelo
DM - Rodri
CM - Bernardo
CM - Gundogan
RW - Mahrez
LW - Foden
F9 - De Bruyne

Maybe make a case for Mahrez on the bench, Phil to the right and Sterling on the left but I think this will be the team, dont think he'll play Zinchenko or Mendy at left back, nor do I think he'll have Dias, Stones and Laporte in the same team
I think you are right that will be the team. the big question is who is false 9 but I'd agree that KDB is the best option for this game. The only other real question is that two from Sterling, Foden and Mahrez can start. I'd also go with your option but wouldn't be 100% surprised to see Sterling come in for one of the above given the falling out behind the scenes and whatever has been said to him.

------------------------Ederson--------------------
Walker------Stones-------Dias--------Mendy
---------------Rodri----------Fernandinho------
Foden----------------KDB-----------------Sterling
-------------------------Jesus-------------------------

They have a lot of similarities in style to Leicester and we dominated them with the above system. Also the same set-up Bayern slap them about with.

Rodri to win the ball back as often as he does but also Dinho(over Gundo) to stop the quick counters with his defensive knack of being in the right place coupled with being a master of the dark arts.

Mendy to do same job as vs Lei of hugging the touchline, allowing Sterling freedom to come inside and try things out.
Walker over Cancelo for defensive pace vs counter.
Mahrez = goal threat, Bernie = workrate..Foden = both.
Jesus to give their dodgy defence the wobbles with his pressing.
nearly had me there :)

Strongest team tonight to try and get the job done.

My biggest concern is our counter attack weakness was shown against Leicester. Long ball to a fast striker rounding Eddie and scoring.
It's dead easy to score goals on the counter when you're allowed to be offside.
Luckily, you're not.

Not followed any German football this year, other than the marauding Viking up front and with Sancho out who else should I be getting nervous about in their team ?

Anyone think playing Jesus in these games would be a good idea? - he would have a point to prove playing against the team containing many people's favourite for the main striking role at City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.