Dortmund (H) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Think that win could be a huge moment psychologically for the team. As smooth and assured as they look in the league, there is a collective uncertainty when they hit this stage in the CL. I've no doubt they'll feel more at ease for the 2nd leg.

Fair play to KDB, I had slight concerns about how long it would take him to get back to his best after the last injury but he is really on it now. He dragged the team through that tonight.

And Phil. What a player he is already and what a superstar he'll become. If his finishing was up to his normal standards he'd probably have got a hat-trick.

Phew. I can see us beating them over there. We can't play as badly as that over there surely?
Dias was pap tonight, been running on empty for weeks now.
KDB was star man tonight and drove us forward.
Rodri was poor and not sure what that face holding was in the first half?
Too many players wanting too much time on the ball tonight.
Foden was superb but could have scored a couple more.
Still expect us to get through, we will score at least one over there but perhaps with a different formation?Ederson

Rodri played three noticeably poor passes but his pass completion for the gam was better than his average in competition and only three players have an average that better than 94.9%, which Rodri achieved tonight.
What are the stats for his lack of pace, and him making poor passes when under pressure (even if they’re completed)?

That’s two poor performances in the last two big home games from the lad. Needs to step up big time!

Foden and De Bruyne excellent tonight, but there was some sloppy passing by the defence and midfield at times. Good result, especially seeing as Dortmund were robbed of a perfectly good goal.
I'd be upset if we'd had a goal like that ruled out, but Bellingham did go in studs up, do you can argue that it was dangerous play, even though he got the ball cleanly. I also think we had a perfectly good penalty overturned (a kick out that makes contact with someone's knee is almost always a penalty), but I can also see why they didn't give it.

it seems people expect us to win 5 0 in a champions league quarter final it very rarely happens.city controlled large parts of the game should have had a couple more and conceded a very good goal.it happens when you play good sides,we looked much better when jesus came on

I wouldn't complain if we signed Bellingham.

We're not going to sign him, Dortmund won't let us buy both Haaland and Bellingham, even if its years apart.

Best chance is tap him up and wait until 2023 when he's 20.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.