Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly don't understand how release clauses work.

If there's no release clause and you don't want to sell the player you can give him any price you want. A release clause limits that. They have ZERO benefit to the (selling) club. Look at Neymar, Barca gave him an "insane" "hands-off" release clause of €222M. A few years later after the market had continued to inflate, PSG paid it.

There is a very good reason City and almost every top team in Europe DON'T give their top players release clauses.

Sané's transfer would have been completely unaffected by a release clause, unless it was cheaper than what Bayern paid. Contracts will still run down with or without release clauses.
Do you understand release clauses? ;)
(Sorry Kun, couldn’t resist)

Barca didn’t give Neymar a release clause as a ‘hands off’ reason. All players in Spain by law have to have a release clause in their contract. I’d consider Real, Barca, Athleti & Seville as 4 of the top European teams in Europe, so to say almost every top European team don’t give their players buy out clauses, I’d suggest is incorrect

Would we need to change our game to accommodate him though?
Personally I don't think we would too much. He would adapt to our game. He's deceptively quick and he can press (not Dortmund's tactic tonight). The amount of touches we have in and around the box compared to nearly every other team, he would have a field day. We love getting the ball wide and often one of my biggest frustrations is how many times a decent cross is swept up by a centre back or goes out for a throw in.

Would love us to sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.