Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe Norway are in the Euros this summer so I imagine this will be a loooooong saga with no rush to get done before the tournament gets under way.

Have a feeling it will be done quicker than that. We’ll see

Sterling would make the most sense. High value and still young. I honestly think Sterling plus cash is something Dortmund might be interested in. I think Sterling wouldn't mind playing for Dortmund either.

What I do believe though is last nights game has improved our chances of getting him. There were times last night when we were on top of the game and we were passing the ball around Haaland who was trying to close us down and he stood there at one point mesmerised by it all.
Are you off your rocker? What gives you that idea? He plays in a title winning side in the best League in the world on a fuck load of money and you think he’ll pack it in to be in a shit Dortmund side?

Are you off your rocker? What gives you that idea? He plays in a title winning side in the best League in the world on a fuck load of money and you think he’ll pack it in to be in a shit Dortmund side?

*Currently benched for the title winning side in the best league in the world. With Foden and Mahrez now the clear preferred players.

I'm well aware it's unlikely but some players prefer being the big fish in the small pond. When fans return he would get to play in front of 81,000 fans and depending on how they invest the money they get for Haaland they could become a decent team again. His wages would obviously be the main sticking point. It was more a wishful speculation on my end. But I think Pep is starting to get a bit fed up with Sterling fluffing his lines now and so thought maybe it could become an option.

I hadn't seen much of Haaland but I was ready to be impressed last night - and I was impressed, very impressed. It's hard to say why because, on the whole, cutting off the supply lines worked and we became the first team to stop him scoring in a European match. I think Tolmie put his finger on it when he spoke of "aura". His size is intimidating and he looks as though he knows exactly what he's doing on a football field. Cynicism has been expressed on here as to whether he's a "Pep player" and whether he'll be effective against sides which park the bus. They need to read Pep's quote posted by kaz. All I can say is that I'm dreading us sitting deep and trying to keep this lad out for another 90 minutes.

The one thing I would say about Haaland is that our defence looked very cautious about him all night, he is the first forward that we have faced all season that our centre halves were seriously concerned about. This is just what we need as in our side the focus on him would allow so much space for the other attacking threats in our team.

Tonight he disappointed me. It wasn’t because he didn’t score. It was just his overall play, he did nothing that impressed me. Even his work rate seemed poor tonight.
There have been games like that for both Sergio and Gabby.
Add to that the quality of the opposition : )

D
*Currently benched for the title winning side in the best league in the world. With Foden and Mahrez now the clear preferred players.

I'm well aware it's unlikely but some players prefer being the big fish in the small pond. When fans return he would get to play in front of 81,000 fans and depending on how they invest the money they get for Haaland they could become a decent team again. His wages would obviously be the main sticking point. It was more a wishful speculation on my end. But I think Pep is starting to get a bit fed up with Sterling fluffing his lines now and so thought maybe it could become an option.
Don’t forget, he doesn’t have to GO to Dortmund, we just need the cash he might raise!

Sadly, I think that would be much less than some on here might think, esp with his wages!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.