How many trophies will we win?

i think if we get to the semi final of the CL and beat Chelsea in the FA Cup semi then we can really really really start to get excited. I personally think the CL is still one step too far for us based on our lack of striker but watching Bayern and PSG tonight, I think we’d have either of those teams and I don’t really fear Chelsea or Madrid

Agree with your second paragraph but not the first. We don’t seem to have the mentality but if we play at our best and believe it we really have nothing to worry about.

We are favourites because we dominate the hardest league in the World to a level rarely seen. However,and it’s been said many times, that counts for nothing if you can’t bring that game to the pitch when it matters most.

Edit: Just watched Bayern v PSG. Rarely have I seen two sides defend so badly. Almost comical.
Are you not giving any credit to the exceptional front line they both have?

Are you not giving any credit to the exceptional front line they both have?

That’s beyond question so I was taking that for granted. I was still very surprised at the space both sides gave the attackers particularly the marking at set pieces which was non existent. It was the basic stuff rather than the problems great attacks naturally create.

I doubt both teams, particularly Bayern, will be that chaotic again. Though it’s nice to know they’re not a machine.

i think if we get to the semi final of the CL and beat Chelsea in the FA Cup semi then we can really really really start to get excited. I personally think the CL is still one step too far for us based on our lack of striker but watching Bayern and PSG tonight, I think we’d have either of those teams and I don’t really fear Chelsea or Madrid
Lewandowski coming back (or not) will be huge. Obviously need to finish Dortmund but man-for-man, we're better than PSG and have beaten them before, just need to keep Mbappe & Neymar quiet. Getting one over on Pochettino would be sweet. Then Chelsea, Liverpool or Madrid in the final, who we've beaten quite a few times in the past 18 months.

This is our best shot, and whilst it'll be very difficult, is do-able.

Imagine Aguero & Phil lifting the CL, as part of a treble or quadruple, in Aguero's last season. Beautiful.

I just can’t understand why we are the favourites. Imo we are not quite good enough to win the champions league, we lack that world class striker and are a bit too slow in midfield. I think we would really struggle to contain either psg or Bayern on the counter attack as they both look a lot quicker and more powerful than we do.

Not to mention our players look very tense in this competition which leads to uncharacteristic mistakes (see Laporte v spurs, ederson yesterday etc). I am confident we will win it within the next 5 years though. Our time is coming

We've reached the semis previously, our time is now. Never a better chance. Have confidence, we CAN go all the way and win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.