It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's unlikely but if Sterling doesn't want to renew I wonder whether City will look to offload him this summer? Foden's taken his place and whilst I still think he's a class player, relatively young etc, I can't imagine City will be comfortable with him running down his contract. Plus with our unexpected financial loss (I know this was partly down to Covid) could we see him sold to help bring in other players?

I wasn't really even considering if there would be foreign spots free, just pointing out that because we're already oversubscribed in association HG players, Grealish is going to take one of those foreign spots unless 2 of the 5 current HG players leave, so he's no different to Aouar in that respect.

What we really need are some more academy players coming through and taking squad roles so we can tap into those 4 club trained slots that have been empty since Micah left.

If we can do that then we'll never have to worry about foreign squad places again, because Pep and most other modern managers only want about 21/22 players in the squad.

academy players coming through onlynfrees up foreign spots if those academy players replace the foreign ones.

He has already turned us down....no point
No he hasn't, he said when as an 18 year old signing for his home city team, he turned down Manchester.That doesn't mean if he leaves Paris as a 21 year old Manchester is still ruled out. Think he would prefer Spain but that might not be an option. I think he's unlikely to come to us but I wouldn't rule it out either.

Maybe, but we'd still need a 3rd keeper that counts as club trained. Must have 3, part of CL rules.
2 goalies surely on the A list, there's no requirement to even put in a B list.

Edit:-

If a club cannot count on the services of at least two goalkeepers registered on List A because of long-term injury or illness (i.e. one that lasts 30 days), a club can temporarily replace him at any time during the season.

No he hasn't, he said when as an 18 year old signing for his home city team, he turned down Manchester.That doesn't mean if he leaves Paris as a 21 year old Manchester is still ruled out. Think he would prefer Spain but that might not be an option. I think he's unlikely to come to us but I wouldn't rule it out either.
I think he turned down City, not the city of Manchester - it was specifically our club. The club, not the geography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.