Return of Supporters

Just spoke to supporter services they have been assured by manchester city council extra lateral flow tests will be available for blues sat evening. Also, bars will be open for refreshments in the stadium. Taking langleyblues tips on board think im going to go for it.
It’s going to need more than Manchester City council to be involved. Those postcodes who can order tickets stretch some distance from Manchester.

Just spoke to supporter services they have been assured by manchester city council extra lateral flow tests will be available for blues sat evening. Also, bars will be open for refreshments in the stadium. Taking langleyblues tips on board think im going to go for it.
Is this just in Manchester though for the lateral flow tests ? lots of the allowed postcodes that can apply don’t begin with M?
They’ve included all these postcodes in the Lottery but the nitty gritty mundane shite is all centred around living in Manchester
Coaches from ? Trains From ? Tests at ?
Can’t decide what to do !!!
Decisions decisions!!!

Dont know Macc thats all he said cos i asked if we cant get a test within 24 hours of the match will we get a refund and he just kept saying they have been assured tests will be available and when they have details they will relay them to supporters. Also said anyone getting a positive test and therefore unable to travel will get a full refund.

There's a very good reason the trains can't stop at Wembley Central, platform length! It's an H&S requirement for trains with automatic doors to be fully platformed, unless there's a safe way of working with SDO (selective door operation). In the case of the Avanti fleet, SDO can only be used at locations where fixed infrastructure (called balises) are installed. Balises are basically bits of lineside kit that send a message to the train's software to keep certain doors locked when the rest of the doors are released.
On the Avanti Network, they are only installed at Haymarket (Edinburgh), Lichfield Trent Valley and Manchester Piccadilly platforms 13 and 14 for diverted services.
Bow to your knowledge about the technology, (away from the covid pandemic for a minute).
I remember hearing that Wembley Central was modernised in the 90s with shorter platforms and the long distance InterCity trains couldn't stop no more .
Well that was some forward thinking wasn't it !
With the National Stadium only a 5/10 min walk away from a station with access to most of the towns & cities in the West Midlands and North West of England, and they make so that the trains from these places can't stop there !

Bow to your knowledge about the technology, (away from the covid pandemic for a minute).
I remember hearing that Wembley Central was modernised in the 90s with shorter platforms and the long distance InterCity trains couldn't stop no more .
Well that was some forward thinking wasn't it !
With the National Stadium only a 5/10 min walk away from a station with access to most of the towns & cities in the West Midlands and North West of England, and they make so that the trains from these places can't stop there !

Totally agree, but a lot of stuff that happens on the railway makes no sense whatsoever. Glad I'm taking early retirement in just over a month so the only time I'll have to think about trains is using my free passes to go to home and away matches !!!

Is this just in Manchester though for the lateral flow tests ? lots of the allowed postcodes that can apply don’t begin with M?
They’ve included all these postcodes in the Lottery but the nitty gritty mundane shite is all centred around living in Manchester
Coaches from ? Trains From ? Tests at ?
Can’t decide what to do !!!
Decisions decisions!!!
Similar issue for me, the test centres within easy reach close at 3-45pm on Saturday, I haven't seen any official clarification of whether "within 24 hours" is to be taken literally or would a test earlier on Saturday be ok?

dont be daft

euston to wembley about 15 -20 mins

unless you get on the wrong tube and end up at hammersmith or summert daft like we do freqently.
No excuses for that. We’ve been there so many times recently you should be able to get there with your eyes closed ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.