Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

The fact that both commentators instant reaction to Foden's goal was that the keeper should have saved it says a lot about where their alliegances lay. I said the same for their goal re Ederson.

Foden's would have beaten most keepers due to the power and precision of the shot.
Very much this. And when city are behind he talks about the opposition reaching "staging posts'. Strangely when city are ahead there are never any 'staging posts' available for them to reach.

Watched it in Germany with German commentary....Anyone capture the "penalty scandal" back home?? They were going nuts about the penalty.
Im sorry but I hate the handball rule these days, but that was as clear as it gets wasnt it??

Apparently they fished out a rule that makes it not a pen if it hits another part of your body and then hits your arm its not a pen. Not one of the Dortmund players argued (only ex Buswrecker Can protested his innocence...insert candle here) and the pundits were saying the pen was one of the worst decisions ever and it should mean the death of VAR, and football in general. They asked Gundog and Pep about it in German and they laughed it off saying theyd never heard of such a rule.
The handball rule is shot to pieces but even I didnt see one ounce of controversy there.....any similar reaction back home? (I dont mind admitting the goal at the Etihad when Eddie messed up should have counted so Im not being biassed)

Sorry forgot to add...the main advocate of this crime was no other than ex watchsteeler Didi Hamann! (yes he played for us as well, but lets say he played for Liverpool, it means more)

Very well done lads. Bossed the game from being a goal down, and finally came back from being behind in a game when it mattered.

Also fair play Dortmund. Always liked the way they play with energy, think they tired chasing shadows but hope they qualify for Champs League next year.

Watched it in Germany with German commentary....Anyone capture the "penalty scandal" back home?? They were going nuts about the penalty.
Im sorry but I hate the handball rule these days, but that was as clear as it gets wasnt it??

Apparently they fished out a rule that makes it not a pen if it hits another part of your body and then hits your arm its not a pen. Not one of the Dortmund players argued (only ex Buswrecker Can protested his innocence...insert candle here) and the pundits were saying the pen was one of the worst decisions ever and it should mean the death of VAR, and football in general. They asked Gundog and Pep about it in German and they laughed it off saying theyd never heard of such a rule.
The handball rule is shot to pieces but even I didnt see one ounce of controversy there.....any similar reaction back home? (I dont mind admitting the goal at the Etihad when Eddie messed up should have counted so Im not being biassed)

Sorry forgot to add...the main advocate of this crime was no other than ex watchsteeler Didi Hamann! (yes he played for us as well, but lets say he played for Liverpool, it means more)

Very well done lads. Bossed the game from being a goal down, and finally came back from being behind in a game when it mattered.

Also fair play Dortmund. Always liked the way they play with energy, think they tired chasing shadows but hope they qualify for Champs League next year.
Thanks for that; interesting to read how German coverage portrayed the match. So I take it City didn’t get much credit afterwards, better team didn’t go through etc was it? I ask because apparently Bellingham and the Dortmund manager were very gracious in some their post match interviews, but maybe not the ones given to German tv (?)

I thought we were poor first 15 or 20. We were choking it again. Passive, timid, too many taking the easy option. After that we started to play and played much better, but we probably can't afford to do that against psg, we could be 2 down before we've started
We've got into a poor habit this season of being very pedestrian in the early stages of games and have been fortunate that in the vast majority the opposition hasn't taken the chance/chances that our sloppy play has given up
We should kick off 15 minutes before PSG take to the pitch

Thanks for that; interesting to read how German coverage portrayed the match. So I take it City didn’t get much credit afterwards, better team didn’t go through etc was it? I ask because apparently Bellingham and the Dortmund manager were very gracious in some their post match interviews, but maybe not the ones given to German tv (?)
No City got plenty of credit for bossing the game after they went one down. But one or two (Hamann included) said the Penalty Decision finished Dortmund off and knocked them for six. Basically the penno turned the game in their eyes. They agreed City in the end deserved to win, but argued the penno (and the disallowed goal at our place) were major factors.

They were also very complimentary about Pep (who tried to do his post match interview in German, they like bit of that) and Gundogan spoke very well to German media also.

For me it turned when either City switched on after going one down or they went into defensive mode. They stopped crowding out Rodri - maybe they were knackered - in the second half and he ran the show (as he often does)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.