Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

No City got plenty of credit for bossing the game after they went one down. But one or two (Hamann included) said the Penalty Decision finished Dortmund off and knocked them for six. Basically the penno turned the game in their eyes. They agreed City in the end deserved to win, but argued the penno (and the disallowed goal at our place) were major factors.

They were also very complimentary about Pep (who tried to do his post match interview in German, they like bit of that) and Gundogan spoke very well to German media also.

For me it turned when either City switched on after going one down or they went into defensive mode. They stopped crowding out Rodri - maybe they were knackered - in the second half and he ran the show (as he often does)
Despite how frustrating the first half was, at no point did i feel we weren’t going to score eventually.

I can understand why people complained about the penalty and the impact it had, but I’m convinced we’d have scored anyway. Dortmund had lots of time left after that to take the game by the scruff, but we didn’t let them. Dortmund are a wonderful team, that play a lovely brand of football but ultimately we wore them down and had the class in Phil to get the job done.

He really is a superstar and kdb, whilst sloppy at times bossed the hell out of them when we got the goal back.

Just frustration... taking a step back we were decent, should have been more comfortable but you know us...
Don’t get me wrong, I was shitting it at half time because of the score.

My mate text me asking what changes we could make and I honestly thought we shouldn’t make any.

We’d played really well and they scored completely against the run of play.

DeBruyne must surely win the Balon D’Or if he plays like that in the semi’s and final and we go on to win it. Incredible performance.

i think those saying we were poor in the first 20 are doing Dortmund a bit of a disservice, they were animalistic in their intensity and aggression and were rewarded with a well taken goal.
They sort of did a Liverpool and thankfully run out of steam. Always going to happen just glad they only got the one goal during those first 20 mins.

Bellingham disappeared 2nd half as did Jermaine Jenas !

Can we put to bed now the anger at resting the players that covered so much ground tonight and gave so much.

Top top performance and win. Patience, maturity and desire. Brilliant
nice win but nothing will redress the disgraceful line up last week end . even Pep knows he went too far . pick a team to win, not all first 11 but enough to bag the points then make changes .

i think those saying we were poor in the first 20 are doing Dortmund a bit of a disservice, they were animalistic in their intensity and aggression and were rewarded with a well taken goal.
Plus City were in a stick or twist mindset, once Dortmund scored we knew exactly what was required and went for it.

Best things about last night

we showed bottle

mahrez for the penalty

the team for coming back from 1 down.

having done that showing massive balls and totally taking control of the game.

Then putting the game to bed And out of reach.

balls.

They sort of did a Liverpool and thankfully run out of steam. Always going to happen just glad they only got the one goal during those first 20 mins.

Bellingham disappeared 2nd half as did Jermaine Jenas !
Yes, it reminded me of the way they have tried to blitz us in the first half hour of matches especially. Almost as if Klopp had been on the phone telling them how to succeed against us!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.