Borussia Dortmund (A) - CL QF | Post-Match Thread

Agree , we dominated after Dortmund scored , our players showed spirit and purpose in abundance as for the penalty it wasnt even in question , why VAR to so long i have no idea they were probably on the phone to Cerferin asking can they allow the penalty , they obviously didnt get through to him.
We showed bottle - one of the reasons we're so good.

a walk in the park for phil,where did all that space come from whe he received the ball,no defender within 2.5m of him . lol
"When we have the ball, find space".
It's the law and a mark of a top player to do this.
Foden may turn out to be a top no.10.

1st half after they scored we looked like we were always going to score and were very unlucky not to be level at half time.
We were so much better than Dortmund in the 2nd half and deserved to win.
I have said the Mahrez has all the skill in the world but lacks bottle.. But fuck me it took bottle to take that penalty and he hit it so well.. Power and placement.. Well done son.
Phils goal was a fucking rocket.. It was so close to the post that it was almost impossible to save.
Kev was fantastic and unlucky with the shot that hit the bar.
Every player gave 100% last night and I have to say Zinchenko was excellent.. He's a great player.. Might not be as gifted as some of our players but he never let's us down.
As for Sterling I think he's just having a bit of a bad patch and he's lost his confidence but he will be back..
What a great time to be a blue eh lads n lasses

First thing out of my mouth to my lads after the replay was “keeper should have saved it” and I promise you I’m a blue.
He probably should have saved it, but I suspect Dortmund's manager will be angrier that the outfield players left Foden in 20 yards of space on the near side of a corner. It was defending that deserved to be punished, especially at that standard of football.

maybe so but the premier league title is not won just yet
ok we have points in the banked and the squad rotation vs leeds was used but it did not pay off did it

i always think english clubs have the upper hand in fitness and stamina in europe because of the premier league
others league just don't have teams that from top to bottom play you and beat home home or away
its the one thing we have over the others fitness and stamina. add power and skill and its hard to beat
Of course it paid off. We beat Dortmund. How can you not compute this?

Ian Darke after we equalized “City have managed to pull themselves back into this tie” err we were 3-2 up at that point you bellend
Does it all the time - clipboard crib-sheet of anything negative his research could dig up - 'only this, only that, entire season hinges on tonight's result etc...' Him and Tyler (Aguerooooo moment apart) must be joined at the hip. Can you imagine that if Darke was commentating on a Liverpool CL game, he'd say 'Can Dortmund get back into this....' Neither can I...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.