Fixtures Calendar | Latest Update - Pg 28 (and Pg 1)

Latest as things stand ...

View attachment 13882
When can we expect the early May TV games to be announced? I’d like to think they are waiting for the outcome of the Champions League 1/4 finals and then the dates chosen for any semi final involving an English team, but maybe that’s not a factor and they could just announce then amend (?)

When can we expect the early May TV games to be announced? I’d like to think they are waiting for the outcome of the Champions League 1/4 finals and then the dates chosen for any semi final involving an English team, but maybe that’s not a factor and they could just announce then amend (?)

I don't think they wait for Champions League draws or fixtures and neither does CL care much for the PL ... all other leagues allow the teams in Europe to change their fixtures even on short notices to give them time around their ties but no we don't do that because we are special you know ... I am very worried for that "fixed" Carabao Cup Final where a CL semi final first leg could very well be put 48 hours later on the Tuesday. Remember Pellegrini's tenure we had to almost forfeit a cup tie against Chelsea because of same situation where CL won't budge from Tuesday and asked to change domestic tie and domestically we all know we just don't change anything if it's fixed and that time too it was on Sunday where BBC wanted us and won't move to Saturday ...

To answer your question, and looking at how they have announced so far this season, my guess is that we will find out about the first two gameweeks of May at some point in this coming week, could be as early as Monday ... so our tie against Palace away and Chelsea at home would find a TV slot ... and the last game is fixed as well and since all will be on TV, they'll not need to wait till the second last game is played to announce TV picks for that last weekend either.

It's the two gameweeks in between those (Newcastle away and Brighton away for us) is what will probably not be announced till maybe even start of May. They haven't yet decided if that Newcastle mid-week of 11/12 May is being moved to mid-week of 18/19 May and accordingly the teams in FA Cup Final (and who they are supposed to play against on 15/16 May) would have their PL games moved to the one mid-week that is free in the end (as it stands that is 18/19 May, but could very well be 11/12th one).

If I understand this correctly we couldn’t move the Newcastle game if we get through to the cup final. Is that right?!?

No, one mid week will remain free ... just instead of the one after the scheduled final it will have to be the one before so after the semi finals this weekend when the finalists are confirmed, those two premier league ties can move to the 11/12 May instead of originally they'd have moved to 18/19. (See calendar above - a couple of posts back)

No, one mid week will remain free ... just instead of the one after the scheduled final it will have to be the one before so after the semi finals this weekend when the finalists are confirmed, those two premier league ties can move to the 11/12 May instead of originally they'd have moved to 18/19. (See calendar above - a couple of posts back)
So you are saying that if City get to the FA Cup Final, the Newcastle match will stay on 12 May, the Final will be on 15/16 May, the Brighton match will move to 18/19 May and Everton will be unaffected on 23 May?

City, assuming they beat PSG, will finally get a free midweek on 22/23 May. That will be the second free midweek of the season. The first was when the Everton away match was postponed on late December.

Obviously there were International breaks but the majority of the team would be playing two or three International matches in those breaks.

What a brutal season it has been.

So you are saying that if City get to the FA Cup Final, the Newcastle match will stay on 12 May, the Final will be on 15/16 May, the Brighton match will move to 18/19 May and Everton will be unaffected on 23 May?

City, assuming they beat PSG, will finally get a free midweek on 22/23 May. That will be the second free midweek of the season. The first was when the Everton away match was postponed on late December.

Obviously there were International breaks but the majority of the team would be playing two or three International matches in those breaks.

What a brutal season it has been.

No mate ... you've mixed it up a bit your dates and days are jumbled ... no free mid-week for us if we win this Saturday ...

Let me explain visually maybe easier to look at the calendar ...

This is how things stand:

1618524902582.png

This is what in my previous message was about re: the proposed changes to last few gameweeks by Premier League:
The free mid-week is moving a week earlier (so instead of AFTER the FA Cup Fina, it's now before it) ... and mid-week Newcastle move on to the weekend and so Brighton move further into the next mid-week.

This is proposed to two gameweeks now come after the 17th May date when fans are allowed back in and this way each team is away and home on those two so will have at least one home game with fans in.

1618525098250.png

Finally, this is how I think it will look for us ... if we win the FA Cup Semi Final this weekend.

1618525316039.png

So no free mid-week all season for us, except that Everton postponement due to Covid, that's all. There is a week between last league game and CL final but that's technically after all seasons are over. League and both cups would be over by the. CL final is always the last game late in May.

No mate ... you've mixed it up a bit your dates and days are jumbled ... no free mid-week for us if we win this Saturday ...

Let me explain visually maybe easier to look at the calendar ...

This is how things stand:

View attachment 14326

This is what in my previous message was about re: the proposed changes to last few gameweeks by Premier League:
The free mid-week is moving a week earlier (so instead of AFTER the FA Cup Fina, it's now before it) ... and mid-week Newcastle move on to the weekend and so Brighton move further into the next mid-week.

This is proposed to two gameweeks now come after the 17th May date when fans are allowed back in and this way each team is away and home on those two so will have at least one home game with fans in.

View attachment 14328

Finally, this is how I think it will look for us ... if we win the FA Cup Semi Final this weekend.

View attachment 14329

So no free mid-week all season for us, except that Everton postponement due to Covid, that's all. There is a week between last league game and CL final but that's technically after all seasons are over. League and both cups would be over by the. CL final is always the last game late in May.
The free mid week I was alluding to was between the Everton match and the CL Final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.