Yaya Toure apologises for accusing Guardiola of ‘having problems with Africans’

The title of the thread is misleading. Yaya doesn't issue 'an apology for accusing Guardiola', he just says that the interview was a big mistake, and he's been 'indecent' to the Club (not Pep). One can easily interpret it in different ways - for example, 'I should've been silent about Pep's racism for the sake of the whole club', 'it wasn't a smart way to tell public the grim truth', 'it's difficult to fight against such powerful racist as Pep when you're just a small man' etc. :)

Yaya doesn't say 'Pep is not a racist, I'm a liar, I'm sorry'. He's full of shit.

The title of the thread is misleading. Yaya doesn't issue 'an apology for accusing Guardiola', he just says that the interview was a big mistake, and he's been 'indecent' to the Club (not Pep). One can easily interpret it in different ways - for example, 'I should've been silent about Pep's racism for the sake of the whole club', 'it wasn't a smart way to tell public the grim truth', 'it's difficult to fight against such powerful racist as Pep when you're just a small man' etc. :)

Yaya doesn't say 'Pep is not a racist, I'm a liar, I'm sorry'. He's full of shit.

I thought he wrote directly to Pep?

Takes courage to apologize. Fair play. Hopefully this can help heal some wounds, and the people involved can move forward.
The people involved can move forward? I doubt anyone, including Yaya, have lost any sleep whatsoever. He's given them a sound bite to use as click bait for a (no doubt) paid interview.

I'd love to know whether the alleged apology even existed. His slug of an agent never did anything without Yaya's explicit consent. There is and never was any excuse for his actions. From cakegate, his brothers death to his racism claim.

Awesome player, but absolute coward off it.

Haha he's a legend in his own right for what he did for us whilst here but this is a typical Yaya move if there ever was one, literally "please Sir, let me be a coach at the Club that treat me better than anywhere else I played". Think the bridges are probably burnt quite high up unfortunately. He is quite a naive man.

The people involved can move forward? I doubt anyone, including Yaya, have lost any sleep whatsoever. He's given them a sound bite to use as click bait for a (no doubt) paid interview.

I'd love to know whether the alleged apology even existed. His slug of an agent never did anything without Yaya's explicit consent. There is and never was any excuse for his actions. From cakegate, his brothers death to his racism claim.

Awesome player, but absolute coward off it.

Maybe now he's out of the spotlight he's had time to reflect on his comments and that's why he's chosen to apologise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.