Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Unfortunately, losing to the Rags & Leeds has come back to haunt us as instead of having the title in the bag and resting players for league games we are having to rotate in every competition except the CL. It would take a complete collapse not to win the league but I confidently predict heavy rotation for both Villa and Spurs.

Like it or not (I don't) the Champions League is now the overwhelming priority.

'.
I’ve only just got round to thinking, but even Ake would have been a better bet at left back than that useless **** Mendy.
Ake was a strange buy for us, as he has the turning-speed of an oil tanker in rough seas. Good in the air though, but being kept out of the side by Mendy is a bad omen!

just go back and watch the game and sterling ? he was coasting matey and did not care enough
he's leaving in the summer and will be use in a swap
Hasn't been the same since that miss in the champions league last year

Utterly woeful.

That’s what happens when you play a team of passengers.

what has happened to Sterling???

Mendy and Torres shouldn’t see the field for rest of season. Invisible. Passengers.

Pep ballsed that up.

Kev injured because he’s playing with a bunch of players nowhere near sharp enough to support him.

The Leeds game should of been a clear wake up call to Pep about certain players and what they actually offer, lose the game and learn from it. But to do the exact same thing the following week and expect something different to happen against a better team in a semi final is poor especially after all the hard work to get there in the first place.
Agree 100%

What the fcuk!!!

No doubt I’ll get banned, but that was a disgrace. We GAVE UP the FA cup SF. We were absolutely shocking. Sterling and Mendy should never be allowed to play again except in the reserves. Neither are good enough any longer. Sterling running into defenders time after time. Torres going missing yet again!
Jesus trying hard, but needs Foden around him to bounce off.
Doubt we will see Kev again this season.
Play like this v Spuds and we WILL lose the CC as well. PSG will rip us a new one and by next week we could be in a title battle, even though some say it’s a done thing.
Typical city were back again today. Lack of urgency and desire until Foden came on.

Raging is an understatement. We had more than enough talent there to beat them, but were poor at best.
“We had more than enough talent there to beat them, but were poor at best”.

This part is not true. The squad is not good enough otherwise we would have won at Leeds and Chelsea today.

Take 4 players out of the team and we fold. Reduce the squad in the summer and get a few top players onboard.

Gabby was a much better player when he first joined us. Its shocking the regression....maybe some of our coaching staff want a bollocking.

What sums the game up for me was cheslea's selection. They were able to do next to nothing and turn us over playing with bloody ziyech and werner...
i felt sorry for jesus today having to play up front with sterling and torres, he ran his bollocks off while those two went for an afternoon stroll

Really don’t get Peps selection today... sterling, Torres, Mendy and Cancelo are all out of form and then to couple that with Fern and Rodri both holding completely nullified us...

I think this last spell really tells us Jesus is no Aguero replacement... a good run of games and despite working hard he’s offered very little

On the plus side IF we make it to the CL final then it’s a week of rest and no distraction

Who are we talking about? Sterling? You're having an absolute laugh right? He takes 6 touches to take us back 10 yards when 1 touch (to take us back 10 yards) is fine. He makes awful decisions and couldn't hit the side of the side of the side of a very big barn. Has he been good in the past? Yes. Is he even average now? No. He's Fernando Torres at Chelsea.it happens. It's possible

Was thinking the same.. but disagree on the goal. He’s scored goals in this blip. He needs a goal and a match wining performance to flip his form. A goal and a man of the match performance would be all it would take.
Well what better way than to play midweek and stick one in the net . He needs to get courage, know his ability, get this game out of his mind, and come back Wednesday ready and willing himself to score. Sheer willpower is what he must recover.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.