Chelsea - FA Cup SF | Post-Match Thread

Can see the same happening against Spuds next week if Pep picks a similar
Line up.

I just want to see the league in the bag at the moment, anything else is a bonus.
Well hate to be the bearer of bad news but we've got PSG on the Wednesday after the Spurs game so we will have to rotate and put out a weakened side.

Dreadful.
Mendy and Raz....oh dear.
Cancelo offered nothing again and is another who has gone right off the boil.
1st half was flat and we barely improved until Phil came on. If he'd started things might well have been different.
Torres might have scored last week but he was poor and he was poor again today.
Gab worked hard but again, offered zip all.
Worrying to see KDB limp off.
That is now known as "The Leeds Team"...2 weeks running, 2 utterly guff performances from virtually the same players.
Can't remember a serious shot or effort that caused them any concern?

Didn’t comment on the lineup beforehand as I knew I would be shouted down by the usual suspects and my fears were borne out. With the players available to him Peps lineup got exactly what it deserved. At this time of the season with a finite number of games left it should be strongest side every time. The Villa game now becomes even more important.
Think narhrez and Bernardo were kept back for the villa game but this false 9 is now starting to bite us hard . We cannot afford to have Jesus as our main forward next season . I don’t slag mendy off no more as he is that shit he doesn’t deserve any talk about him .

Chelsea were tactically perfect.

Sometimes we will be beaten it’s not always because we were awful and everyone needs sacking.
Agree about Chelsea and congrats to them.

However, Sterling should not play for us again this season,

Jesus should never play for us again - he is your typical rag player... spends most of his time on his arse appealing for free kicks and pens, I seriously cannot tell you when he has ever had a great game for us,

Mendy, always wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt but sadly he is quite simply not good enough for a top half premiership side.

Maybe we should sell them both to trafford rangers.

We aren’t as good as we the fans think we are. i don’t mean that as a criticism in anyway btw but the league this year has been very poor. Lampard has taken Chelsea out of the title race, spurs are awful, Liverpool have been hilariously bad, United are decent. you can see how bad the league is by the likes of West Ham sitting in 4th.

Chelsea under Tuchel are now a very good side probably the 2nd best team in the league, you cant expect to rotate 8 players and still beat this Chelsea side. I don’t blame pep he had to rotate certain players and unfortunately the ones who have come in (Sterling, Torres,Jesus, mendy, cancelo, steffan) have proved to be poor.

We have a very clear Achilles heel. We are slow. It’s that simple in midfield and through the middle of defence we are slow, against teams With extreme pace we struggle. Unfortunately for us PSG are exactly what we struggle against so I expect disappointment in the semi finals.

with all that said I’m so fucking proud of this team, the bollocks they have shown to get us into this position deserves immense praise from us fans. If we win the league I’m happy, if we win the league cup and league I’m delighted if we win champs league, prem and league cup then take a fucking bow Manchester City.

Of course I’m gutted tonight but please try and keep it in proportion, Chelsea are a very good side who are also aloud to play well. You can’t win them all

apologies for long post
Brilliant post amongst the doom and gloom including me.

not going to make certain players the scapegoat we win as a team and lose as a team wasnt good enough today got to give Chelsea credit they disnt leave any space

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.