The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Will the original Champions league format still exist ? Or is this replacing it ?

Will there be relegation and promotion for these league. Ie: could Burnley ever reach this league if they finished 3rd in the prem next year or so ?

surely. Fans won’t bother. They can’t have a packed Stadium for PL say for Man City v Everton , and then less than half a stadium for Man City v Madrid.

I think they are hoping this will kill off the Champs League but the Champs League have stated they have no intention of going anywhere. As for promotion and relegation the 15 core members automatically qualify every year and then 5 teams supposedly will qualify for it but I'm not sure how they are going to qualify when every league has said they will not recognise this.

It's literally a micky mouse cup. There is no semblance of competition when 15 clubs don't even have to qualify for it and just get in automatically.

PSG are suddenly the only UEFA team left in the Champions League, hmm I wonder if cynically they are waiting to win it and then throw their lot in with this Super League?
Yeah I reckon, there is no way that PSG or even bayern would not leave UEFA and come to this new idea especially with the money being touted from the revenue it will generate

I know we take the rip out of Arsenal Fan TV, but you can see the hurt and fear from fans across these 6 clubs. At the moment the vocal 5% of fans on forums, youtube channels are the noise. my concern is the 95% of the armchair fans who never go to games but want to watch Spurs v Barca on a Wed night will ride against us vocal (and loyal) 5%.

these 6 clubs just want the 5% noise to slowly die away..........who knows how long that may take, if ever.

This advert at the bottom of the page. How apt.

Screenshot-20210419-080758.png
[/url]

Will the original Champions league format still exist ? Or is this replacing it ?

Will there be relegation and promotion for these league. Ie: could Burnley ever reach this league if they finished 3rd in the prem next year or so ?

surely. Fans won’t bother. They can’t have a packed Stadium for PL say for Man City v Everton , and then less than half a stadium for Man City v Madrid.
If it continues it will be like the Europe League. All the best sides are playing in another competition. The CL entrants will be teams that have finished mid-table in the top leagues v winners, runners-up of turd leagues. Nobody is paying serious money to watch that. Sponsors will drop it like a stone and it becomes worthless.

If playing games in the middle of a pandemic - with fake crowd noise pumped into the empty stadiums like a bad sitcom laugh track - wasn't a clue: it's not about the fans, it's about money.

If our meek responses to the aggressions of the cartel over the years wasn't a clue: it was never about beating them, it was about joining.

It's been a fabulous past ten years with plenty of experiences I never dreamed I would have as a Man City fan. I'm delighted my old man got to see us win something again, and to take his boys to cup finals. To shove "not in my lifetime" down the pisscan's throat. To see a player like Foden come through and not be wondering when we'll lose him to a 'big' club. For all of that, no regrets.

But in the future? It's no longer worth it. I want no part of this. I'd rather go back to the football I knew growing up, a two-bit owner, cups for cock-ups, fucking Lee Bradbury. It was shite, but it was honest.

Back out of this City, or I'm done.

Let's face it, City didn't have their arm twisted, they jumped into bed with the very same individuals who have tried to fuck us for years.

I'm absolutely stunned and ashamed my club were party to this, but the fact it's spearheaded by the Glazers and that virulent **** Perez is, without a doubt, evidence that this is simply not my club any more.

There's still time for this all to be negated, I think, but the damage has largely been done.

100% mate.

Even if this gets fucked off by CL/UEFA backing down to whatever the clubs want, the connection between the club and the fans has gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.