The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
It's the NBA or the NFL. They are decent competitions. They are crammed with awesome talent. The security of no relegation is huge in those scenarios.

Relegation/Promotion are part of the tradition of football but it's very risky.

Given where we are now I think football will thrive within this new structure in the long term just as well if not more than in the previous traditional structure.

The hysteria is getting comical. Why doesn't someone go and set themselves on fire outside the Etihad or something just to really make their point.

Off you go day Dave. Enjoy your Super League games. Just make sure you make as much noise as possible, as there won't be many there like you.

If you see someone setting themselves alight outisde the Etihad before the Super League match, don't worry about it. Just get yourself in the ground for kick off.

Absolute nonsense, and yet more frantic panic.
I wouldn't be so confident. The premiere league will likely think they're big enough to call the bluff of the clubs, to hammer home the message that participation in the ESL directly contravenes its entry criteria.

I'm certain this would make our club at least, think twice about it (although it seems with our late sign-up, that we're not 100% comfortable with the thing anyway).

The only question remains is, do the premiere league back themselves.

Agree with Pat Nevin here. They have all jumped on the train in case it leaves. Good chance the train doesn't leave.

"
The game does move on.

If you look at American football, they have a franchise system with very few clubs and very low risk, and I always thought there would be some people interested in that model.

As a business idea, I understand it, but I don’t particularly like it. It would make the rest of us feel like second-class citizens. There is no doubt it is worrying times but we have to wait until the proposals get out.

I think there is a lot of talking to be done.

I would have been shocked if they [Chelsea] had not signed up. From a business point of view, if they are not in that list and it goes ahead, they will be left behind.

I understand why the very biggest clubs are standing on the train at the moment not knowing if it's going to leave the platform or not."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.