The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
The face of an arrogant and shamelessly greedy ****.
yes i could just imagine him sat at his desk with a check shirt on with his shirt flap stuck in his zip with gravy splashed down the front,disgusting type of man who if he wasnt in football he would be a court bailiff and think fuck all of putting you and your kids on the street

Our owners have missed an opportunity to of been a shining light to all the other clubs around Europe , and could of been a top club amongst the rest of Europe, opportunity gone for good,
You seriously think we'd get any credit or support if we did that?
They may say otherwise but we are hated among the rest.
We've been telling the footballing world for years that FFP was brought in to protect the elite, it's a cash grab.
What support did we get?
Absolutely fucking none!
Martin Samuel was the only one.
Did the footballing world care when we nearly went bust?
While the likes of United, Liverpool, Arsenal and then Chelsea sat at the top of the league racking in cash year after year.
Did they fuck.
It, coincidentally only started happening when City sat at the top table and City was the stick that they beat everyone with.

I think the difference here is the money involved

Winning the champions league nets you about £100mil, but this new league offers €350mil just for participating, €500mil for winning

It may be similarly money influenced, but the fact Arsenal who haven't qualified for the champions league in years are there highlights the other problem

If leicester/West ham got top 4 and then got to the 1st knockout round they'd net about £40mil, a huge sum for them

Now you compare a £40mil cash injection for a team that's earnt it to a €350mil cash injection for one that hasn't its disgusting

No way any of the other 14 can compete with that and basically passes all over those that have tried to aim for sustainability (look at Barca, RM, United debt)
But City earn £600m a season in revenue (without Covid). Thing is without Utd and Barcelona it would shrivel.

Man Utd have put a gun to everybody's head. If you're a md-table club, you're not getting in. If you are a rival, if you don't get in, we destroy your league and you're not coming in.

Did we have a choice? We can hope it fails.

nothing has been signed off that commits us,its all in principle at the moment
That gives me hope then, I just can't see us following suit ! It seems a bit iffy that we arn't even on the managing committee. I hope that is true !

The two options you have outlined are a direct consequence of clubs behaving like City, Liverpool and United and putting their own agendas above the interests of the good of football.

So if their is no choice its because of our own greed.

Fair enough mate.

But if that’s the case, why weren’t all our fans turning their back on City over the last 5/6 years as they’ve seen the greed growing in the game?

I get fans declaring this as a moment in time - a line in the sand, if you will - but for the most part that’s not what’s actually being said.

Fans are slating the Club for siding with the ESL and making a call on which of the two evils they went with - and in that context I don’t really get what decision they expected the club to take given the limited and equally unpalatable options on the table.

Think this will not happen
Personally I think it's to apply pressure on UEFA to alter the format of the champions league and do it in a way that distributes money on a certain basis.
UEFA will cave in and the idea will be scrapped.
They want to give UEFA a smack on the chin.
What would they do to change it though? Same teams allowed in every year, if you don’t get top 4 it’s ok because you are Liverpool or United so you can still play in it fuck West Ham! It’s a shambles and has shown them up for what we all knew they were greedy fucking bastards who only want cash not trophies.

I disagree with those that think this is a foregone conclusion .

It is highly likely there are going to be writs/injunctions flying all over the place right now.

These clubs have poked a huge fucking Hornets Nest.

UEFA/FIFA/Premier League/Serie A/La Liga/Sky/BT etc there as so many parties with vested interests the legal proceedings could go on for years.

The UK government might find some loop hole to find it all anti-competitive/Cartel like operation.Then you have the EU.
You dont think the armies of lawyers across the "6" thought about this and have been through every single possible regulation and law that exists?

We have seen what high powered law firms can do in the hands of private individuals, they wipe the floor with what UEFA or FIFA can bring to the table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.