The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
I genuinely feel sick this evening. Like we've lost in a final or been relegated. It's getting into bed with that lot and the americanisation of football. Automatic slots will destroy the jeopardy involved in the game.

Everyone on here has been banging on about how corrupt FIFA, UEFA the PL are for years. This plan kicks them in the nuts where it hurts - in the money. I think that this is the wrong way to go about it but I can understand City’s point of view. If this happen, and that is a big IF, then City have to be in on it. How else will they get to play in Europe? Don’t tell me that UEFA will ban all these clubs and WHU will play ‘ dogs body’ in the final because that won’t happen. Neither will docking points, banning teams. You are talking about the teams that bring in ALL the money to UEFA and PL without whom the TV deals are dead. Everyone lauding Bayern and PSG because of their ‘stance’ will see them change their tune IF this goes ahead and they see their income going down the tubes.

As I said this is a disgraceful league but IF this IS the future then City HAVE to be in it.
If we are in it we’re also rans almost immediately. They’ll have their own version of ffp to well and truly fuck us over

When you look at the revamped uefa champs league it’s a load of fcuking shite! Uefa are a corrupt organisation who have just employed fat fucker Tebas I hate uefa who are living in the past!

It's a rival to the Champions League not to the Premier League

It's not if we're booted out of the premier league as well. It then becomes some shit so called European super league where the same greedy bastards play each other every season, with maybe the odd addition here and there. Utterly boring and pointless.

At least if uefa kick us out of CL when it's our best chance to win it, and the PL strip us of the title we're about to win,we can all rejoice at being able to say for the first time in years 'typical city'
UEFA will not allow any of the rebel clubs to win this year's CL whatever legal advice they are given. I think we are safe in the PL though because I doubt they can retrospectively take a title off us. This is a bloody disaster whichever way you look at it. We desperately need some intervention from a third party to resolve this dispute...and all in the middle of a deadly pandemic across Europe. Bloody hell.

They will also want more of the tv rights money if they did get it off the ground ,they will say they've got bigger followings worldwide & deserve more of the pie.
Real 'n Barca will, after the first season or so, treat the ESL the same way they have treated La Liga for some time. 'We are the Spanish teams that the world wants to see; we should get the lion's share of the TV money! " There are a number of teams who are throwing their weight behind this venture who, in the past, have shown themselves to be rather untrustworthy. I would have preferred City to have kept them at arm's length, using Tyson Fury's arms as the measure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.