The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Absolutely!

All I see is a choice between two self-serving, protectionist, morally bankrupt stitch ups cooked up by a bunch of detestable crooks on both sides, neither of which we should be willing to trust - and neither of which somehow has the interests of the National Leagues or ‘football’s soul’ included in its thinking.

So yes - I’m absolutely for real. I’d love someone to explain why some protectionist shit show dreamed up by Bayern, PSG and the crooks at UEFA who have been trying to fuck my club for the last 5 decade is somehow the noble, righteous, morally upstanding route through all this.
The fundamental principle is that of merit. Guaranteed involvement in a competition is against the grain. Its americanisation of our sport.

The UEFA proposal is nearly as bad, which goes to show how far they were pushed by the clubs involved.

Interesting, so the premier league is signing its own death certificate tomorrow then. The 14 can’t survive without us and they know it. The top 6 are staying and that’s It’s business and it’s a fact.
The Premier League is taking a stance to protect the fans of the 20 clubs in this league and fans of hundreds of clubs outside of it, that's you, me and every fan on this forum.

They are saying if you join this then you're gone, why do you have a problem with that?

Interesting, so the premier league is signing its own death certificate tomorrow then. The 14 can’t survive without us and they know it. The top 6 are staying and that’s It’s business and it’s a fact.
No uefa will demand the expulsion if the 14 haven't the balls to do it.

As a matter of interest if we leave the Premier League where do we go ? Championship, Divsion 1 ?

You cant run a football franchise (see what I did) playing 20 games a season.
I mentioned this earlier, but if the teams get booted from the domestic leagues, then the Super League becomes what it's already intended to evolve into -- a new league.

The 5 "open slots" would become five permanent new members (but the SL doesn't know who that will be yet; the "open slots" are auditions for revenue generation/ fan interest in the current iteration I believe). 20 sides, 57 matches (each team plays each other team once at home, once away, and once at a neutral -- probably off-continent -- venue, to drum up offshore fan support), then 8 teams make the play-offs, and then there are play-offs to determine the champion. Plus there will be a random draw Cup of some sort.

Presto -- 70-odd matches, with not a drop of revenue shared with anyone outside the 20 Super League sides.

If it were just 15 clubs -- which I think would be the case if the SL were forced to start up immediately via expulsion -- then it'd be two home/away (56 league matches) and save the offshore matches for when the league expands to 20 later.

1) This is my prediction and nothing else. 2) I don't believe expulsion is very likely, at all, for the same reasons many others have noted.

Absolutely!

All I see is a choice between two self-serving, protectionist, morally bankrupt stitch ups cooked up by a bunch of detestable crooks on both sides, neither of which we should be willing to trust - and neither of which somehow has the interests of the National Leagues or ‘football’s soul’ included in its thinking.

So yes - I’m absolutely for real. I’d love someone to explain why some protectionist shit show dreamed up by Bayern, PSG and the crooks at UEFA who have been trying to fuck my club for the last 5 decade is somehow the noble, righteous, morally upstanding route through all this.
The fundamental principle is that of merit. Guaranteed involvement in a competition is against the grain. Its americanisation of our sport.

The UEFA proposal is nearly as bad, which goes to show how far they were pushed by the clubs involved.

The Premier League dies if the ESL goes ahead, so they see absolutely right to kick us out and have us back out of the ESL.

I hope they do it!
No it doesn’t. They won’t kick anyone out, they don’t even have enough clubs to do so if my maths is right. Ever consider why 6 teams, not 4 or 5. Why Super
League gave Arsenal a seat at the table despite them not being deserving of one?

Indeed. Some clubs and their supporters have an inflated sense of their own worth.

When SKY turn around and tell them they will not be paying for the rights for 2021/22 they will be begging for the six clubs to come back. They are all as bad as each other. Two cheeks of the same arse.

It's been amusing to see which pundit, club or ex-pro can express the most anger and outrage. Hardly paragons of virtue.
What frustrates me about this 'we are all in this together' bullshit is if Murdoch had been offered the ESL Sky would have a completely different tune

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.