The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Every front page is on this today, and I think the owners of the English clubs have hugely underestimated the strength of feeling this has generated. They apparently expected anger but no focus groups could have prepared them for this. Would expect some vigorous rowing back in the coming days.
Your keyboard -----------------> God's ears

We can im sure

Cant believe im having the same thoughts. Didnt sleep much last night, wondering about where it will all end.
Florentino is being wheeled out to try and make the others hold their nerve
I think a few arses maybe falling out at the moment including ours!

I wouldn't be shocked to see a walk back from City next couple days, much as I thought it impossible.

Uefa were speaking to us yesterday and it sounds like we may have been offered something to break away from the breakaway.

Football politics, eh?

Also, keep an eye on Infantino. We are much more closely aligned to him and even discussed a Super League of sorts with him which would have seen Soft Bank put up the funds, a firm Abu Dhabi has a big stake in.
We're not exactly UEFA's best mates though are we? Or maybe this was all just a cunning plan to smoke out our enemies and detach them from positions of power.

Spit and Neville both missing the point....it's about money. Certain clubs need money. They need huge amounts of it and they need it now.

and the guaranteed 100 of millions for 23 years says to me this will go ahead!

if you play it out with this super league>

premier will not kick out the six teams

there will be still a uefa European league competition.

5 clubs across the big leagues can qualify for this super league, so say winning the premier will get you in!

The closed shop is the one thing that is wrong!

If football is not US the CITY FANS - and theryre saying fuck us.. which they are! Then that’s it fuck the sheik and city and the yanks this is our sport our city....

But it won’t. ESL is a closed shop like you said. It’s not part of the football pyramid. Europa league is a 2nd rate UCL because both are directly linked. Clubs drops from UCL to Europa and direct qualify for UCL if they win Europa. It’s a ladder. ESL is a separate thing. It has nothing to do CL. Half the clubs in the ESL are dogshit. It’s not a competition for best performing teams on the pitch that season.
The 12 involved would be in it even if they were currently in the relegation places. 'big', 'historical', and 'top' are just euphemisms for most money. Come to think of it, by any measure Spurs are an odd inclusion though.

The first real error by our board and owner, what a day it would be if they held up their hands and pledged loyalty to fans and the future of football whilst admitting the lure of esl blurred the decision making.

Every front page is on this today, and I think the owners of the English clubs have hugely underestimated the strength of feeling this has generated. They apparently expected anger but no focus groups could have prepared them for this. Would expect some vigorous rowing back in the coming days.
Surely they cant be that naive, the yanks maybe, but im struggling to understand why they didint see this backlash coming. Especially doing this in the middle of a pandemic when so many smaller clubs and lower leagues are really struggling. It just looks plain awful.

I wouldn't be shocked to see a walk back from City next couple days, much as I thought it impossible.

Uefa were speaking to us yesterday and it sounds like we may have been offered something to break away from the breakaway.

Football politics, eh?

Also, keep an eye on Infantino. We are much more closely aligned to him and even discussed a Super League of sorts with him which would have seen Soft Bank put up the funds, a firm Abu Dhabi has a big stake in.
Is that possible given the JP Morgen involvement, to just walk away I mean?

But it won’t. ESL is a closed shop like you said. It’s not part of the football pyramid. Europa league is a 2nd rate UCL because both are directly linked. Clubs drops from UCL to Europa and direct qualify for UCL if they win Europa. It’s a ladder. ESL is a separate thing. It has nothing to do CL. Half the clubs in the ESL are dogshit. It’s not a competition for best performing teams on the pitch that season.
But it wont get the money that will be on offer to a ESL. Itll be second rate because some teen in thailand/china/usa wont want to pay to watch villa v roma, he wants to pay to watch juve v real.
So the chanps league will ultimately become second rate and the europa will die a death

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.