The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Apologies if it's been mentioned above (this thread is moving bloody fast), and I might be looking in the wrong place, but the announcement about the ESL on the official website isn't there anymore.

All clubs lost money over the pandemic, that year is an outlier for every business bar none.

City themselves are self-sufficient regardless.

Exactly, listening to Perez last night you would think only 12 clubs in the whole footballing world lost money. We all did, some had to fold. This take is the wrong hill to die on.

Real, Barca,Juve have spent badly and massively, thats their issue

You know - it's not often I feel sorry for multi-millionaire footballers and managers but for once I do. This must be shit for the players and managers at all these clubs as they've clearly not been the ones who have decided this. Sure, they're never going to go skint but money isn't everything and these people are still human beings who have feelings and have effectively been shat on from above.

First one I think about is Gundogan based on how he spoke about the CL before the Dortmund game - how much it meant to him as a player to win it etc. Incredibly passionate. And there were the pictures of him in tears after the Lyon defeat.

Also I'm looking forward to hear him speak more than any other player about this fiasco

Chelsea and City are also in huge 'debt', not to a bank but to the individuals that own us. You don't think Roman and Sheikh Mansour want some return on that one day? this is a chance to bank hundreds of millions in one go. Exactly the pay day that these men are used to and you think they are going to turn it down?

Same people on here crying about this are also on the transfer forum demanding Haaland, Nuno Mendes, Messi and Mbappe and think Sheikh Mansour should keep pulling his credit card out.
City aren’t in debt to Mansour, Chelsea are in debt to Roman (literally and on paper). The two are hugely different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.