The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Ten clubs up to eyeballs in debt.
Chelsea not sure but debt free unless Roman leaves.
City debt free.

Does anything else need to be said regarding the purpose of this league. All about solving the immediate debt crisis of these clubs.

Yeah SL fair enough if it intrinsically maintained competition, but it doesn't, and as a top club, we rightly have to see the wider implications to the sport we love.

We don't owe it on paper, correct. But you think Mansour piled in his cash because hes a big City fan?

Sheikh Mansour is a businessman, he sees an opportunity to return hundreds of millions and eventually billions on his investment and he is going to turn it down?
That's fine - but we are still debt free (which is what I assume he was originally oicki you up on).

Chelsea owe about £1b in soft loans.......

Problem is, we become even more irrelevant than we previously were, going back with tail between our legs to UEFA.

Tebas in now on their payroll and he was gunning for us even before this breakaway.

This is about taking power away from Uefa. It comes to something when they can claim the moral high ground at present.

Damned if we do, damned if don't.
Don't worry about Teabag. We can get him fucked off from UEFA smartish if we want. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if his appointment to UEFA pissed our club off to the extent that we signed up to this shitty idea. If Ceferin wants us back in, we can always tell him "Yeah, no probs - as long as you bin off that fat racist ****!"

to be fair the Arsenal fans have been delusional for years, paying crazy money watching no investment in their team as wenger chased his moral top 4 finish trophy

if you look at their club they would be mad not to sign up for this as they won't get any money out of their owner and the debts are still high
I fully agree with you, their club sold them delusion paying a hell of money for average show.

We don't owe it on paper, correct. But you think Mansour piled in his cash because hes a big City fan?

Sheikh Mansour is a businessman, he sees an opportunity to return hundreds of millions and eventually billions on his investment and he is going to turn it down?
He piled in his money because he now owns a football club worth 3 billion pounds + and already sold of parts for 100's of millions. Also add to that the money he is making in east manchester with their investments and that shows he wasn't doing it for love of City hes doing a sa brilliant business man. City as a club as far as im aware owe him nothing.

You need to wake up. It was the shower of bastards in the Super League who tried to destroy City using UEFA.
cannot fault this post

I actually like Ceferin - if you ignore the body themselves he is trying to do an impossible job with both hands tied (and legs, fingers etc)

He took over an absolute shambles from one of the most corrupt and incompetent bosses (not the biggest shock to see he now runs FIFA lol) and fighting the greedy cartel who want all the money and zero risk

When he got involved in our case he was one of the only ones to not slag us off, actually distanced himself from his own organisation

If he gave in completely to the cartel he knows he loses the game for UEFA - as it panned out he got shafted by Agnelli and Glazer anyway

The fact they we are even talking to these scummy clubs that put us through all this is the worse part for me

Hopefully as TH indicates, we are talking with UEFA and can get out of this mess ASAP

UEFA don't help themselves when they appoint wankers like Tebag to their boards - people wonder why them are so weak on racism and then they appoint this racist \ xenophobic twat

Problem is, we become even more irrelevant than we previously were, going back with tail between our legs to UEFA.

Tebas in now on their payroll and he was gunning for us even before this breakaway.

This is about taking power away from Uefa. It comes to something when they can claim the moral high ground at present.

I take the option that includes lifting a trophy.

I don’t see it that way.
City are in a position here where we can kill this League dead this morning by withdrawing. Given we weren’t one of the major players behind this, accepted late alongside Chelsea, etc, we can row back a lot easier than the likes of United and Liverpool who are involved at board level in the new ESL.

We know that, Uefa know that. Some power to hold hey? We can strengthen our hand within the game whilst damaging that of some of the teams we are trying to peg back.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this has all been gamed out by us. We must have known the shit storm this would create and what it would do to the game. Lob a few grenades in the room before we close the door as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.