The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
Fair enough, I don't know the first thing about hockey and I can imagine it's grating when the default stance for a lot people here is to disparage everything to do with America.
They play on bone hard pitches,nets are alot smaller wouldn't advise you to head the ball also they have sin bins,but I don't think you have to say 12 Hale Mary's.

Hello all. Lyon fan here. I have a question, if you may. Why the fuck did your club jump into this giant mess ? I mean, you didn't have any interest to join, and you would be way more comfortable with the like of Bayern and Psg , playing the good guys. You don't have money issues like the debt full Spanish, so what happened ?
For all we know the pandemic may continue ad infinitum, with new variants emerging all the time which seem to be more resistant to the "vaccines" that have been developed to fight it, and as a result corona-virus could be with us forever.

The implications of this are that EVERY football club could never be allowed to have fans attend the event of a football match again. No fans = lower revenue streams, and as such the result could be that many clubs cease to exist.

This is all conjecture, obviously, but if survival of a club is based on TV revenues alone only the strongest status clubs will survive.

Our owners, when given a week to decide, quickly did the relevant calculations, and decided to throw their hats in the "survival" ring as they possibly saw it as a "sound business decision"

....possibly that, or they're money grabbing bastards like everybody else who is involved in "big business".

I don’t see it that way.
City are in a position here where we can kill this League dead this morning by withdrawing. Given we weren’t one of the major players behind this, accepted late alongside Chelsea, etc, we can row back a lot easier than the likes of United and Liverpool who are involved at board level in the new ESL.

We know that, Uefa know that. Some power to hold hey? We can strengthen our hand within the game whilst damaging that of some of the teams we are trying to peg back.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this has all been gamed out by us. We must have known the shit storm this would create and what it would do to the game. Lob a few grenades in the room before we close the door as well.

That would be glorious

I'm going to bet that most, if not all, end up doing so. A bit like when everyone said they wouldn't buy Sky and then did. But this isn't aimed at existing fans. This is to generate new money, which means new viewers. These new viewers won't pay to watch a team parking the bus in every game involving a top team. They want to see top teams playing each other every week. Both going toe-to-toe to make thrilling games
I doubt it, these are mostly die hard Rags and City fans all over 50, Blues in the minority but there's 6 of us that go. Champions League and other cup games are a bit of a chore at times. I love going, City is my passion but at my age, and still working it becomes a long day, I'd definitely still do CL games but not this competition. It's one big fuck up.

What tom foolery is this?

We got into bed with them, even a strategic exit has left us tainted for a long time.

We don't come out of this in a good light no matter what goes down in the next few days/weeks
No we do not.

There's a lot of mental gymnastics being done to make City out to be somehow not as bad, or not what we seem, or something else.

I get it. It's a hard pill to swallow.

But our club is a ****.

No he doesn't. They have decided to join the European Super League. I don't want any statement from him trying to sell this to us. We know what it is and it stinks.

Our football clubs have been slowly morphing into businesses over the years. ANd now they've gone all the way.

Sheikh Mansour, and Khaldoon finally killed what MCFC was all about. Pride in your City, loyalty to your father's club, and a family you introduce you children too.

It will go on but it will be an Americanised sport and link between fans and club is truly gone.

I can not wear my shirt or scarf any more and say I am City. We've all been coming to this for a long time. FInally we are here. FOotball is done. And very sad to say that Manchester City were part of the clubs that killed it all off for good.

Some of you will go on for a while longer. But I spent too mich time defending City trying to make out City were different so now I am disillusioned. How can you say to your nephew, niece or your boy, this is why you should support City. It's nothing more than another brand.

We're not rolling this back. The world has moved on. Community, solidarity, loyalty these are values just to be exploited and wheeled on as a stage army to create atmosphere for the camera.

A bit dramatic.

I can't offer any firm conclusions at all.

But, based on numerous press articles - both we - and Chelsea were told that the Superleague was 100% going to occur. And it's evident - based on the willing participation of other top clubs that in fact - that the Superleague was going to launch.
===
At gun point - we and Chelsea were offered an ultimatum - join us, or die!
===
Although I'm very much disappointed in our management to capitulate to the evil money-grab so-called Superleague - I can see - easily - why we reluctantly did so.

Gun point?
I doubt it.

We've done the wrong thing,crossed a line of our own free will.
And will suffer the consequences or reap the benefits.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.