The Super League | FA + PL: New Charter & Fines | UEFA: Settlement

Would you be happy if City joined this European Super League?

• Yes

Votes: 109 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 1,954 94.7%

• Total voters
My girlfriend is from Napoli and is a Napoli fan, I spoke with her father earlier who said Napoli would jump at the chance to join this and the owner has already spoken to people about joining, its inevitable that chairmen are going to want to do this, particularly as global interest in the domestic game is superseded by the SL.

This is a major issue, it's 15 for now but this will rise to 40 in a fully closed league and they will leave the domestic leagues and what then.
Yes definitely thinking of pulling out because of 1 or more of the following reasons.

1. we had a gun to our head and were forced to sign up
2. we weren't given enough time to read the documents, panicked and signed anyway
3. we were unaware entering a competition that you don't need to qualify for and gatekeep others out of is actually anti-competitive
4. despite making the decision to not post the Super League statement on any of our social media outlets we were unaware that the backlash would be severe.

The hierarchy of our club are not greedy like the other 11 they just misunderstood the situation.
I hope you are right. But as it stands, 48 hours on from this shit show being announced, the only official comment issued in the name of our club came from Joel Glazer, on our website FFS.

Yes definitely thinking of pulling out because of 1 or more of the following reasons.

1. we had a gun to our head and were forced to sign up
2. we weren't given enough time to read the documents, panicked and signed anyway
3. we were unaware entering a competition that you don't need to qualify for and gatekeep others out of is actually anti-competitive
4. despite making the decision to not post the Super League statement on any of our social media outlets we were unaware that the backlash would be severe.

The hierarchy of our club are not greedy like the other 11 they just misunderstood the situation.

So they’re not greedy, but either:

1. Weak
2. Stupid
3. Dumb
4. Foolish

Or possibly 5, all of the above plus greedy

MCFC Belongs to Manchester and English football not to a football cartel of NFL based here today gone tomorrow nomads. Come on City we stood by the club through some dark times , now listen to us and do right by us . Dump this nonsense and return to the best league in the world .
I can't believe that some fans are now trying to worship the Premier League and Champions League.

This is just one more stepping stone away from the game that started with the creation of the Premier League and plcs. There are in infinite number of steps. There are no model clubs, no demons, no devil clubs, we just have an army of fans descended from or belonging to another century who see themselves gradually marginalised. Once we invaded cities, took over terraces, went mental and the mob ruled. Now we daren't stand up for fear of getting our season ticket rescinded and we're just a supporter number playing a regular direct debit. A mobile stage army there to provide some atmosphere for the cameras and to convince the public that there's something real going on here. There was once. Now it's entirely plastic. And no FCUM is sh't. As are your co-operatives that end up sacking everyone.

I wish I was 14 again and David Pleat was about to dance all over Maine Rd. Thank you City for the memories. The liberals are writing their I told you so articles but its actually your failed politics that disenfranchised our class and left us powerless. Sheikh Mansour is just another owner. His identity and origins are irrelevant Mr Hattenstone. Have you noticed Simon that all the ESL clubs are in the top 6. Campaigning to get Thaksin out really had nothing to do with this. In fact it was that very English anti-foreigner sentiment that has decapitated working class communities and led to Tory party ideology leaving us neutered and without an identity powerless to interpret and understand the world we live in. We experience everything now as atomised individuals connected by Zoom and the internet whilst we hopefully wait from some connected journalist to tweet that it's OK the executive are having second thoughts and we breathe again.

Been here before, done that. Not doing it again. (oh yes I am, I know I am. I am doing it now. Once a junkie, always a junkie).

And yet,in the bottom right of my screen I see my clock. I know Chelsea are about to kick off and I know I will be watching silently praying that CHelsea score and kill Klopp's CL hopes for now I hate LFC. The love and hate will never die. But it is increasingly hard being a football fan in 2021.

Just to add. We were probably 2 or 3 years away from overtaking United’s financial advantage over us - and doing so whilst nominally debt free as well - and just at the point of accelerating our growth exponentially we vote to curtail our growth relevant to our rivals and explode their financial advantages.

Absolutley ridiculous. If my dad was here now he would be describing our decision makers as being “numb as a piss stone”
I love that expression: numb as a piss stone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.