Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

Some of the posts on here advocating severe punishments have made my eyes bleed and head hurt.
Fucking state of it! Haha!
There's a wide range of views - that's why we like the forum. We have to be realistic and expect some form of sanction. From what I've read people are foolish to think CL bans for 4 years and relegation are even going to be considered. Especially with Cefferin's warm welcome. But I think people are also naive if they think no-one goes unpunished.

Having had a think about this, I think the best punishment for the "6" is to sign a legally binding contract to commit to no more breakaways and something that gives something back financially to other 14 clubs and maybe beyond the PL (% of TV money for example). Those that don't sign up - well maybe then points deductions.

To be fair a 10 point deduction for the 6 would put a few clubs’ champions league qualification in jeopardy, while leaving us still some wiggle room at the top!

Seriously though, there needs to be some punishment. The 6 can’t just swan back in after nearly destroying the game like nothing happened.
No, no punishment. What needs to take place is talks and changes because if there are no changes then this will just come back in a different format in the not too distant future. It's a chance to get football back to how it used to be that may never arrive again.

The issue has not gone away. In fact it is just the start. The bigger clubs can earn up to 20 times more from controlling their own broadcasting and digital technology now makes this possible. At the moment UEFA/FIFA takes a big slice of this money and obviously the traditional broadcasters do. It is not fair for clubs to be hammered for spending when they have one hand tied behind the backs. And as fans we are always happy to see us sign the best players and pay them huge amounts. FFP would work well if it included debt control and gave freedom to any new club owners to invest more heavily than others after they have taken over clubs (perhaps for an agreed period of five years). That would help Everton or West Ham for example get to the top table.
Football needs a strong independent regulator which everyone respects across the word to keep things on an even keel. UEFA/FIFA should do that role but unfortunately they are corrupt and to make matters worse they are in competition with the clubs themselves for commercial income.
Everton have been spending like there's no tomorrow for four years - got them nowhere.

Last edited:
No, no punishment. What needs to take place is talks and changes because if there are no changes then this will just come back in a different format in the not too distant future. It's a chance to get football back to how it used to be that may never arrive again.
I've said all along that this will come back in a different format that will help the clubs at the bottom of the pyramid with promotion and relegation involved as well. It's just a case of whether UEFA oversee it or a new governing body. At the end of the day, UEFA is merely a commercial enterprise - not some public sector organisation.

I think the silence from the club as been deafening. It shows a total disregard to our manager our team and our fans. A message to our owners GIVE US OUR CLUB BACK AND GO
Pep shouldn't forget he was left to hang out in front of the press. The players were reading the same as us "potential bans from WC's and UEFA tournaments" - they were NOT consulted. Such a mess this. And I think people suggesting we shouldn't be punished are doing so as it's unfair to punish players and staff who work so hard and had nothing to do with this.

Credit to our loyal fans. They showed how they felt - putting up banners outside the ground etc, even if it hurt to diss our club.

The club listened & led the way out. Great result & credit all round.

let’s move on & win some trophies

Talk of all these bans and fines are just media hype. These 12 clubs served notice of intent. So told the authorities of what they intended in the future to do. Which due to some being PLC's they have to.
Those in seats of power in UEFA and Associations had to resign those seats due to being part of this. They then outlined the format and benefits. This is all they did. They in actual fact really notified the Champions league that they wouldn't be taking part in that competition. Everything else was status quo.
So on what grounds could these authorities fine or deduct points. Because of intent?? Nothing actually happened, it's like running a red hot bath and just testing the water before getting in. These clubs realised that people(fans/players/managers/FA's etc) were saying it's too hot. If you do actually get in then there are consequences.

Just for the record, I am/was 100% against this Super League. I hope this now brings in reform and legislation to stop it every being even thought about in the future. There is already total disparity with the Champions League qualifiers pay days, which due to clubs now breaking up the old original Top 4 cartel has lead to them concocting this idea to save their pay day and supposed status. Everyone of the 12 except City and CFC are in major debt and they saw this as a way out and to cream off. City and CFC unfortunately were manipulated into joining because the others knew they have the money to still compete financially even if not involved.
City have no loyalty owed to any other club due to them all trying to stab us in the back over supposed FFP, however they have the loyalty to us the fans, players and the manager and I think this is what made them realise the mistake of even thinking about it.

Nothing will change. The greed has not suddenly gone away. Rogue agents will still demand crazy fees. Players salaries need to change. What other business pays it staff more than the business can afford? Madness and it needs to stop.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.