Repercussions - From the PL, FA, UEFA and within the Club

Please find me “some posts which show many think he should sell the club”

if you can’t - then your credentials as a blue are doubtful
Think what you want about my 'credentials'. I don't need to prove my loyalty to City or anything to anyone, especially you.

Sanctions only punish the fans, players and managers who are blameless in all this. Indeed it was their strength of feeling that got it scrapped. The owners are already being punished by the huge legal bills such folly will cost them.

Spot on, that just further punishes the fans once more

I would be happy with UEFA to start actually taking control back of the game - they have just announced the reformation of the CL that protected the cartel clubs, well for a starter they can scrap that idea.

Remove all protected privileges that UEFA so willingly gave away over the decades to these clubs

There does need to be some form of punishment - what that is I dont know. Maybe a transfer ban ?
The Champions League should be for the champions of each country not the top 4 in one country top 3 in another

UEFA brought a lot of this shit on themselves

Get back to basics

To be fair a 10 point deduction for the 6 would put a few clubs’ champions league qualification in jeopardy, while leaving us still some wiggle room at the top!

Seriously though, there needs to be some punishment. The 6 can’t just swan back in after nearly destroying the game like nothing happened.

look - we were last to consider joining & probably because it was a project that might have been successful. We soon realised the ramifications & were first to pull out.

why do we deserve punishment.
Unlike any other club our owners have pumped billions into the club & surrounding areas. All they want for the club & fans is success. They have to consider all proposals especially if it involves the top European clubs. But they are rational & made the right decision. We led the way out.
Credit where due

Think what you want about my 'credentials'. I don't need to prove my loyalty to City or anything to anyone, especially you
Then don’t expect anything from anybody else - including the club or the board. They owe you nothing

Well since most fans think this move was a crime against the very fabric of football itself. Surely some severe punishment would be appropriate? If such punishment arrives at our door I feel bound to accept it even if you consider such people to be fucking weirdos.
What ? Accept a punishment from a corrupt, bent and discredited football body ? Are you sure ?

Repercussions?? How about looking at why this happened. I know people blame the red tops but UEFA needs a good sorting out. The fact that Tebas has been nominated onto the board says it all. This ‘new’ CL needs sorting out. History(?) clubs being given a free ride?? We are always on about transparency on here and some even think that the 10 games we will play will be loaded for/against certain teams.

Nothing will happen though ce la vie.

Well since most fans think this move was a crime against the very fabric of football itself. Surely some severe punishment would be appropriate? If such punishment arrives at our door I feel bound to accept it even if you consider such people to be fucking weirdos.

Yep. You are

Already been said but the whole business model across all Europe needs regulating and finically resetting. Fuck this super league shite, it’s COVID which should be used as the catalyst or if you want..excuse to drive through reforms, most possibilities have been mentioned but a proper transparent plan needs to be agreed at UEFA level then sent through all FAs pyramids, with an agenda that has no interest in protecting historic institutions and past glories. It should also expend equal energy time and investment on grass roots.
Sad as it sounds but our own pyramid needs totally reviewing recent history has proved that for too long just because your a football club plying the trade of the countries national sport you can grow or fail with a degree of tolerance not availed to normal businesses and organisations. The classic examples at each end of the spectrum being Bury and Man U
The issue has not gone away. In fact it is just the start. The bigger clubs can earn up to 20 times more from controlling their own broadcasting and digital technology now makes this possible. At the moment UEFA/FIFA takes a big slice of this money and obviously the traditional broadcasters do. It is not fair for clubs to be hammered for spending when they have one hand tied behind the backs. And as fans we are always happy to see us sign the best players and pay them huge amounts. FFP would work well if it included debt control and gave freedom to any new club owners to invest more heavily than others after they have taken over clubs (perhaps for an agreed period of five years). That would help Everton or West Ham for example get to the top table.
Football needs a strong independent regulator which everyone respects across the word to keep things on an even keel. UEFA/FIFA should do that role but unfortunately they are corrupt and to make matters worse they are in competition with the clubs themselves for commercial income.

look - we were last to consider joining & probably because it was a project that might have been successful. We soon realised the ramifications & were first to pull out.

why do we deserve punishment.
Unlike any other club our owners have pumped billions into the club & surrounding areas. All they want for the club & fans is success. They have to consider all proposals especially if it involves the top European clubs. But they are rational & made the right decision. We led the way out.
Credit where due
We brought the whole thing down. Credit to City.

Reactions: CC1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.