Poll | Our involvement in proposed Super League (TSL)

What do you think lay behind our involvement in the ill-fated TSL?

• We've become what we've always hated

Votes: 74 12.1%
  • An ill-judged cock-up

Votes: 220 36.1%
  • An opportunist bit of mischief making

Votes: 23 3.8%
  • A cunning conspiracy to hit our enemies hard

Votes: 67 11.0%
  • Not good but had little choice

Votes: 209 34.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 17 2.8%

• Total voters
How do people make out that we had little choice? In all honesty?
The three clubs that are remaining as a rump tells you everything that you need to know. They've got big financial problems. That was what this was all about. They reeled the other clubs in to give themselves legitimacy, but it was about their bail-out. We are in a relatively much healthier financial position, because we're an extremely well-run club. We really didn't need to go for it. Also the fact that we were last in and first out tells you about our misgivings. Deep down, the owners knew that this was a bad call.
Extremely ill-judged (unless you subscribe to the Tolm Machiavellian theory, which personally I just don't).
Well, the owners and Soriano have learned something about the soul of the club and the soul of English football which I for one thought they already knew. That at least is something good to come out of all this.

Last edited:
Sorry, I've been trying to catch up on the hundreds of pages on the other thread. What did Ceferin say about welcoming City back into the fold? Thanks.

If you voted for 'cunning conspiracy' I want you to know that you're utterly naive. Stop letting blind loyalty cloud your judgement. There is no getting around this, the board have dragged our club's name through the mud and irreversibly damaged the reputation of MCFC.

There is no conspiracy, just pure greed.
If you don’t think this was well planned out, I think you’re naive.

If City were jumping on board with this with enthusiasm, why no quotes from anyone from the club?

Why no communication on social media?

Why did Pep and the players come out against it?

If we’d backed out because of the fan reaction, why no apology to fans? Why no explanation to try to get fans back on side?

If we weren’t keeping Ceferin sweet, why did he release a statement glowing in praise of us within 90 seconds of our official announcement?

The idea that City’s executives planned for months to completely transform the landscape of European football and double our broadcast revenue, but backed out after 36 hours because of a couple of banners and a Gary Neville rant just seems so ridiculous that it’s just not plausible.

If you voted for 'cunning conspiracy' I want you to know that you're utterly naive. Stop letting blind loyalty cloud your judgement. There is no getting around this, the board have dragged our club's name through the mud and irreversibly damaged the reputation of MCFC.

There is no conspiracy, just pure greed.
Irreversible damage to our reputation? And what reputation did we have before this ESL bollocks?
I'll give you some pointers.
We was....
Sportwashing.
Human rights abusers.
State owned.
Oil money.
Financial doping.
This is how we are portrayed in the press, this is BEFORE this cacophony this last few days, so if I was you I'd wind it in saying our owners have dragged our name through the mud as the British media and all the jealous bastard fans have already done that tenfold.

Oh and please think out your answer before you post your crap.

Irreversible damage to our reputation? And what reputation did we have before this ESL bollocks?
I'll give you some pointers.
We was....
Sportwashing.
Human rights abusers.
State owned.
Oil money.
Financial doping.

This is how we are portrayed in the press, this is BEFORE this cacophony this last few days, so if I was you I'd wind it in saying our owners have dragged our name through the mud as the British media and all the jealous bastard fans have already done that tenfold.

Oh and please think out your answer before you post your crap.
It's not just the press - all of that was pretty much in a Damocles post from the other day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.