Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just fancy Laporte. I think Laporte offers alot more than Stones regardless how good Stones has played this season. Always a massive fan of Laporte we look more assured when he starts, He made two fouls tonight (yes they should of both been yellows) but he wouldn't make the second one on a booking.
Stones can take a leaf out of his book in these types of situations. Take one for the team. Stones still isn't street wise to make these types of fouls.
But the major one is switch of play, Laporte crossfield passes are unbelievable taking one or two players out of the game and getting our wide men 1 v 1 situations.
He looked street wise when he took out that Villa player. John Stones is the best footballing centre half at City.

One thing is for certain if our finishing is as poor as the Wembley game against Spuds PSG will punish us , our defence has been superb this season but keeping Mbappe and Neymar out for ninety minutes is a big ask , PSG will create some chances and our more clinical . We need to take the game to them because their defence is suspect and nowhere near as good as ours , but our ratio of scoring one in ten chances isnt good enough to win the Champs league.

I just fancy Laporte. I think Laporte offers alot more than Stones regardless how good Stones has played this season. Always a massive fan of Laporte we look more assured when he starts, He made two fouls tonight (yes they should of both been yellows) but he wouldn't make the second one on a booking.
Stones can take a leaf out of his book in these types of situations. Take one for the team. Stones still isn't street wise to make these types of fouls.
But the major one is switch of play, Laporte crossfield passes are unbelievable taking one or two players out of the game and getting our wide men 1 v 1 situations.
Totally agree..Different levels in my eyes.. have said many times that I love the way Stones has come back, but when the pressure is on,or there is a crowd, would always put my money on Laporte. As you say, more street wise and a little more physical.

Perhaps but are they in the form of their life? Yes they were frightening against Bayern but they were ridiculously wide open; didn’t help conceding at home after 2 minutes.
Yep, could end up 4-4, and that’s just the first leg!

It predict a boring but hard fought 1-0 win.

This season has dictated we can't go balls out every match. This match will be all about controlled possession.

We're saving Sergio for Paris.

;)

Going to be a very hard game and our defence will need to be on top of their game to keep Mbappe and Neymar quiet. That said we have players in KDB, Foden and Mahrez to trouble them.

We need to be a lot more clinical in front of goal than today and I think we need to score to progress.

I think we're miles better than PSG all over the pitch. I'm very confident with this game. 3-0 City. Even united beat them easily this season

He looked street wise when he took out that Villa player. John Stones is the best footballing centre half at City.
Yeah which he got a card for, There is ways of taking a player out and that certainly wasn't one of them. The likes of Dallas getting through when they went 2-1 up, Laporte doesn't let that happen.
He may be the best ball playing centre half at City, He's still not at Laporte level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.