How many points will be needed to win the league? (74 GD)

How many points will be needed to win the league?

• 81 - 85

Votes: 671 67.0%
  • 76 - 80

Votes: 280 28.0%
  • 70 - 75

Votes: 50 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I not sure this will be popular but we should play the kids against Palace. The league is pretty much done.

Also I'd prefer Utd to beat Liverpool. Liverpool are struggling to qualify for CL and the financial hit to them would disadvantage them massively for next season.
I doubt very much that Pep will play the kids against Palace, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see a much-changed side, similar to the ones that lost to dirty Leeds and Chelsea.

So true. The Liverpool rivalry was started by Ferguson and really developed in the 90s. At my Manchester school in the 60s and 70s it was all about City and United. In fact both clubs had a mutual hatred of Liverpool (and to a lesser extent Everton) because of their thuggish following. City and United fans joined together to fight the scousers on a number of occasions, notably the all Merseyside FA Cup Semi at Maine Road.
The Liverpool v United thing is no doubt a big deal in other parts of the world. I think many United fans cling onto it nowadays to deflect from the fact their club has been humiliated by City in the last decade.
The rivalry between the rags and Littlewoods was fomented by the pisscan, partly to belittle Manchester City, IMHO.

I think it will work out well for us. We will probably go to London from Paris and rest there - it's closer than Manchester I guess.

Even if we'd had a hard game, we have better players than Palace and they are safe with nothing to play for. I can't see Hodgson being there next season either so they will be thinking about booking holidays rather than wanting to be chasing us all day. I think we will win the game no problem.

I've never had United down as a title challenger as they are a million miles away from us. They are also in 2nd place as quite simply, someone has to be 2nd! Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs had poor seasons. They will be back to 6th next year, don't worry about it. I am really pleased they are 2nd and potentially could be in the Europa final as there's no way you can sack Ole after that. It keeps a substandard manager with one tactic in place. The fans won't clamour for their legend to be sacked, the Glazers get him on the cheap and he's no chance of winning the title - perfect for us.

Liverpool will be up for the game and they will have to win it to have any hope of CL football next year. They have too much for United and I just don't see United getting anything from the game. They will likely lose and the title will be ours. It will be a perfect boost going into the PSG game with the Carabao Cup and PL in the bag.
Most people thought Littlewoods would have too much for Newcastle, but fortunately - and hilariously - they didn’t.

There’s nowt wrong with a 12:30 KO time on a Saturday after a midweek game. It only became a thing to talk about this year when Klopp and Solskjaer had a moan about it, it’s happened for decades with nobody ever mentioning it before.

It’s actually the ideal time we can play ahead of the Tuesday game after it.
Not quite sure what you're getting at.

A 'mind the gap' type of league win is always nice but with the congestion of fixtures this season and the lack of a close season leading into it, a win is a win.
I mean would you say a ten point title win is running away with the league

Is it bad that I'm already nervous about this game?
If a City fan cannot be relaxed at this point in time, I don't think they ever could be. I don't think I've ever been so relaxed regarding our club as I have been since the Rags drew and we won the League cup yesterday.

Completely, utterly and totally chilled for the rest of the season regardless of what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.