Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

PSG will host Lens on Saturday who are decent and on 5th place currently hopefully they give them a hard game.

They only have 4 rounds left over there a and Lille is leading with 1 point.

To miss out on a league title in France with PSG squad would be incredible when the closest rivals are decent nowhere near the squad power of our rivals.
Lille, Monaco, Lyon imo would struggle to break into PL top4.

I’m always more confident when we play our normal game in the CL games, we saw last year vs Lyon what happens when we try to change things. First half felt to me like Pep has done before and been too conservative and paid for it, but second half we played our game and were too much for them.
If we play the same way next week I can’t see them competing with us man for man.

I was really depressed after the first half, but I tried to put a brave face on, It's all in our minds, but once we lift the bloody trophy it's going to be easier.
Just amazing how we changed in the second half, it was almost like weight was lifted from our shoulders and it cleared our mind in chasing the game.
I was very critical of Riyad, who is personally for me a world class player with his abilities and he was really very good in the second half.
When Phil starts scoring, we can talk of almost Messi-like player, just crazy his game is not only not dropping at all, it just exponentially better as he gets confidence - smart move by Pep to let him move around in the second half.
Really happy Mr. Whippy hasn't been done for the season, what the fuck was point of that tackle?
And that ball from KdB, watching it in slowmotion, the lift, trajectory and spin, physics at its best, that ball had every right to end in the goal and anybody calling it a fluke I call an idiot.

Manager reaction - 'Sometimes you need to be more relaxed'​

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola to BT Sport: "Sometimes you need to be more relaxed and be ourselves. The first half is normal - you don't want to lose the ball [so] you don't play free. We changed a little in the way we press. We were passive [earlier on]. Then we were more aggressive. It's not easy against Mbappe, Neymar, Di Maria.

"Afterwards we found goals and could have scored another. I'm so satisfied with the performance but we're only halfway. There are 90 more minutes. Anything can happen.

"We didn't have good possession in the right positions. This club don't have much experience in the semi-finals of this tournament. This will help us. In the second half we were aggressive and played really good.

"Against Dortmund, we conceded and came back. Today the same. [We were] ourselves in the second half. We are good playing in a certain way - we can't do a different way."

PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino to BT Sport: "There were two different halves - we did well in the first half but it is difficult to eliminate a team like City. We deserved to be ahead but they were better than us and dominated the second half. The two goals were accidents, but they created more than us. It was one half for each team.

"The two goals are very disappointing. It is difficult to accept but that can happen, and it has happened in a semi-final. It is very painful.

"It is difficult to explain why they were better but we were better in the first half. It was difficult to cope, their physical condition, they were more aggressive. We didn't show the energy you need. The red card could be yellow, could be red.

"The second leg - in football you need to believe. They have the advantage."

PSG will host Lens on Saturday who are decent and on 5th place currently hopefully they give them a hard game.

They only have 4 rounds left over there a and Lille is leading with 1 point.

To miss out on a league title in France with PSG squad would be incredible when the closest rivals are decent nowhere near the squad power of our rivals.
Lille, Monaco, Lyon imo would struggle to break into PL top4.
Exactly. A lot talk about lack of confidence with the team sometimes, but I hope they don't read this forum. Even with our history I can't believe the negativity sometimes.

I get as nervous as anyone but come on, no English team have ever gone on a trophy run like we have and we're a match for anyone on the day. Anyone.

Great result, dug in a bit first half and prevented any real chances apart from set pieces, much more controlled second half.

They are easily the best team we have played this season and the tie isn’t over, although if we play well we should get the job done.

I was really depressed after the first half, but I tried to put a brave face on, It's all in our minds, but once we lift the bloody trophy it's going to be easier.
Just amazing how we changed in the second half, it was almost like weight was lifted from our shoulders and it cleared our mind in chasing the game.
I was very critical of Riyad, who is personally for me a world class player with his abilities and he was really very good in the second half.
When Phil starts scoring, we can talk of almost Messi-like player, just crazy his game is not only not dropping at all, it just exponentially better as he gets confidence - smart move by Pep to let him move around in the second half.
Really happy Mr. Whippy hasn't been done for the season, what the fuck was point of that tackle?
And that ball from KdB, watching it in slowmotion, the lift, trajectory and spin, physics at its best, that ball had every right to end in the goal and anybody calling it a fluke I call an idiot.
It’s so odd — I wasn’t at all and I’d usually be a wreck. I’m absolutely convinced we’re the best side in the world playing at our best, or even a little less than our best. I’ve never felt that way before. I figured we were one quarter in, playing nervous, rushed and sloppily, with plenty of time to improve. And we did. We did get lucky, and they did fall apart. Anything can happen next match but I feel if we play at 75% of the level we can, we’re onto the finals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.