Paris Saint-Germain (A) - CL SF | Post-Match Thread

ive watched it three times and I agree with your conclusions.

As it stands today, we’re a goal ahead, we’ve got an away goal, we’ve worked out how to play against them, we’ve got into their heads, we are full strength and we’re going to be more rested than them and at home.

Just for once everything is in our favour, even a winnable final preceded by a relatively easy schedule.

We are going to blow it aren’t we?

Not sure if you are faking the Cityitis!

When you win trophies it usually means things have dropped into place; just have to hope that is where we are.

My level of affliction with the aforementioned mythical disease means that I won't make predictions good or bad beyond saying that if the players do themselves justice, we have the best chance yet of finally winning the big one.

I suppose the lesson going into the next leg is don't get caught out early, as over time we'll likely become significantly more comfortable.

I wonder if it could be a blessing no fans in the stadium Tuesday, the players don’t feel the pressure as much if say we went a goal down, on the other hand having 55000 roar you on has to help as well.

Don't; they chased off us the pitch. 0-5.

ive watched it three times and I agree with your conclusions.

As it stands today, we’re a goal ahead, we’ve got an away goal, we’ve worked out how to play against them, we’ve got into their heads, we are full strength and we’re going to be more rested than them and at home.

Just for once everything is in our favour, even a winnable final preceded by a relatively easy schedule.

We are going to blow it aren’t we?
Obviously, lol

I too have watched the game several times on City+ and it is a classic example illustrating the difference between what is actually going on and what we feel, as City fans, is going on. I am of that generation, as are many on here, that was driven to learn from experience that if you expected the worst City always lived down to expectations. And some of that attitude remains, despite the last decade. So, on Wednesday PSG's goal proved that fate always deals us just what we don't need, just when we don't need it and I spent the rest of the first half feeling things were about to go really wrong and in the last 5 minutes of the half, as my feet twitched into imaginary tackles, I was convinced that City were going to concede a second just at the right time to commit suicide! Watching the game again nothing of the kind! PSG's goal was a good goal but at no point were we in trouble. Under pressure on occasions but not in trouble. The back four played well, at times superbly, and apart from a deflected shot which he tipped over - safety first - Eddie was largely unoccupied. And even I didn't feel the need to help out with the tackling in the second half as it dawned on me very gradually that we were actually murdering them.
Watching it live I thought we were much the better side before their goal.

They had a couple of minutes of possession before the goal and the commentators said “it’s been coming” but I didn’t really think so at the time, I thought they scored against the run of play really.

Neymar was brilliant in the first half but I never felt they were outplaying us, it was a really high standard and they did look the best team we’ve played this season, but it seemed a preety

But going in to half time it felt a bit like the Villa game to me. Pep had picked the right team, there was no need to change anything and we just needed to be patient.

Second half I thought we comprehensively outclassed them. I noticed we essentially went to 442 with DeBruyne and Bernado pressing their centre halves really high up and they couldn’t live with us.

For all of the criticism Pep (quite rightly) faced after Lyon last year, he deserves huge credit for this game.

Had the confidence to play our strongest team. To our strengths. Then had the insight and intelligence to make a little tweak at half time and then the introduction of Zinchenko, all of which played a key role in us winning the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.