Running thread

Got one leg of the 4x4x48 left at 4pm. I have to admit I’m walking as my running days are behind me but I did carry a 10k pack for the first 7 laps. Managed to do them all (except the first one!) in slightly under the hour. My wife and son have been awesome they’ve run every leg well under 40 mins. Great result from the boys earlier to spur us on for the final lap. Have a great rest of the BH weekend everyone... who knows we may finish it as champions :)

57.50 for a 10k today. Will take anything that gets under an hour. Got my jab on Monday and I'm 40 next weekend. Might be my last 10k in my 30's. Feel like I need a new aim - races aren't for me. I started running 4 years back and it was purely to get weight off and change lifestyle for better.
I run from a starting point in Withington, and started running into the City Centre and back. Logically it'd be good to work to 15k, and I have extra motivation in that the Etihad is 7.2k away (maybe loop the stadium to get it up to 7.5ew)... might up mileage and aim to do that in the next 12 months.

PS: If you register as member on Nike you can get 25% in your birthday month. Cannot use it on Peg38's, but Peg37's you can.
They also have promo code MAY21 valid till May 4th offering 20% off for members.

Last edited:
Reactions: ob
Nice 18.5k in 1:38 mins today. Found myself a new route along the river, past farmland, private schools, and new little villages only a stones throw from my house but never visited. Loved it today.

Last edited:
So, I've been avoiding this thread as I've been suffering from achilles tendonitis for the last FOURTEEN months! Getting back to almost full fitness and did 5k in 22.07 today, so happy! Still a minute off my pb but getting there!

So, I've been avoiding this thread as I've been suffering from achilles tendonitis for the last FOURTEEN months! Getting back to almost full fitness and did 5k in 22.07 today, so happy! Still a minute off my pb but getting there!
Yeah that's normal - It's awful being on the sidelines and IMO this might be the most positive area of BM! Injury is a frustrating bit of running. Used to hate missing 1 match in works five-a-side but would usually be back a week later. With running, you can stop for two weeks and lose months of hard work.

Yeah that's normal - It's awful being on the sidelines and IMO this might be the most positive area of BM! Injury is a frustrating bit of running. Used to hate missing 1 match in works five-a-side but would usually be back a week later. With running, you can stop for two weeks and lose months of hard work.
Yeah but I hate hearing eveyones great run stories and theres me sat on my sofa eating donuts getting fat. I constantly tried going for runs over the last year or so and got so depressed whenever I was in so much pain doing a 0.5k run. It's amazing how little actual fitness i lost though.

Went for my second run yesterday after myself being sidelined for nigh in four months.
Really hard. Reminds me what it felt like when I first started running a few years ago.
This is why some give up running early on:

It’s painful and none of the benefits present themselves at this stage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.