Running thread

What a great thread. Certainly takes me back a bit. Done my fair share over the years and just started wobbling round again. Forgotten how hard running is. Currently up to 4-5 miles albeit at a pace that reflects my age and poundage. ‘Another CB level 3 FOC haha

Keep it up gents (and ladies).

Anyone suffered from sore heel / arch of the foot?

Ran a HM at a steady pace last weekend and it's been sore ever since. It's not my trainers as I'm on my 3rd pair of Asics Nimbus and I only changed them back in March.

So, I've been avoiding this thread as I've been suffering from achilles tendonitis for the last FOURTEEN months! Getting back to almost full fitness and did 5k in 22.07 today, so happy! Still a minute off my pb but getting there!
I've had Achilles tendonitis a few times, either when a pair of trainers are wearing out, or a brand new pair of a different brand don't suit me. Hence, I always get the same running shoes when I renew.

What is really like to do is get my sub 20 5k this year (and do it on a park run - Stretford given that’s a fast course cabs were my PB of 20:49 secs resides...
Hi Soma
I do Stretford my best time about 20.30 though generally low 21's
im working on my 5km time this year and am hoping weekly hill reps and some speed work will help get me closer to sub 20.
Alex Park is a fast course too.

Haven't run in a longggg time but am seriously considering joining the reserves so thought i'd see how the engine was after all these years...Blowing out of my arse after about 1k(want to add there was a steep incline at the start lol).. Any tips for getting better fairly quickly? they've currently swapped out the 11min 2k for a bleep test.

I go to the gym 4 times a week so could incorporate cardio there too but running outside is probably best place to focus?

Ran a HM at a steady pace last weekend and it's been sore ever since. It's not my trainers as I'm on my 3rd pair of Asics Nimbus and I only changed them back in March.
Could be anything you know.. tight calf can affect ankle mobility and therefore any part of foot. It could be stress on the foot (too much running). Wouldn't have thought it was heel striking the floor as you run as you've been doing it for a while if you've been through 3 pairs!

You need to get it checked out if it's troubling you.

Occasionally get soreness on the inside of the heel which has got a little bit more regular recently. I have worn orthotics for my feet for years so I assume they are overdue replacing so going next Monday for a foot/feet impression to get some new ones made.

Could be anything you know.. tight calf can affect ankle mobility and therefore any part of foot. It could be stress on the foot (too much running). Wouldn't have thought it was heel striking the floor as you run as you've been doing it for a while if you've been through 3 pairs!

You need to get it checked out if it's troubling you.

Going to rest it up. It’s not an injury I usually suffer from. Might just be a case of me ramping up the distance too much - never done 2 HMs 2 weeks apart.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.