Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

From what I’ve found online it seems it takes up to 10 weeks to get a new one, unless anyone knows any way that this could be made quicker?

on the bright side if I can’t get one in time it saves the hassle of trying to find the money lol
Up to 10 weeks. Usually takes about 10 days.

I stated it was a guess immediately mate there was no assertion, I just don't want to see people out of pocket.
The assertion part I was correcting was that you had to go on club organised travel to Wembley, but it's not that important.

I don't want to see people out of pocket either - it's each person's own decision.

That article says we could potentially sell above 4k if those beyond that amount are sold on official travel packages.

So 4k will be sold without the restriction to those making their own way there. Hopefully City matters insist on that given several supporters have already booked.

Personally, gauging from the Carabao Final sales, this forum, and the likelihood of a 10 day quarantine when we get back, I think it might be difficult to sell all those.

Not everyone as willing to jump through the hoops which is fine.
Hope you’re right but I have a feeling they’ll sell out very quickly.

Wonder whether the club will be running a raffle or just basing it on points. My guess is it will be a combination of the two (i.e. raffle open to fans who have above x ticket points).

If they do end up running a raffle it would be nice if it was an either/or between the final and the Everton game imo rather than letting people go to both given the limited number of tickets available

If it is a 25,000 capacity and 8,000 for the competing teams then who are the other 17,000 who are going to be taking up the slack? Even after the great and the good have had their noses in the trough, you could be left with 8-10,000 for the public. That is much higher than normal for a final in normal circumstances. Bear in mind that nobody is going to travel to Turkey who doesn't support the two teams (often tickets are sold at the QF stage and thousands from all over Europe apply on the off-chance their team will make it). That 8-10,000 will be made up of City, RM/Chelsea fans and the Istanbul public. Can you see so many Turks wanting to pay £200 for a ticket for two teams they don't support?

I think the UEFA ballot presents a better opportunity than normal.

No way will 4000 fans want to go.
turkey will be amber at best.
currently 30k+ cases a day (falling admittedly)
£200 for 4 PCR tests and 10 day quarantine at home.

the club won’t be able to put on organised official travel for 4000 fans. No one can charter that many planes. Not even Etihad.

I'm going (even though I have zero chance of a ticket) but I think most who qualify wont go.

Hope you’re right but I have a feeling they’ll sell out very quickly.

Wonder whether the club will be running a raffle or just basing it on points. My guess is it will be a combination of the two (i.e. raffle open to fans who have above x ticket points).

If they do end up running a raffle it would be nice if it was an either/or between the final and the Everton game imo rather than letting people go to both given the limited number of tickets available
Can't see any chance this would go to a raffle/ballot given some fans have waited 50 years for this kinda game

No way will 4000 fans want to go.
turkey will be amber at best.
currently 30k+ cases a day (falling admittedly)
£200 for 4 PCR tests and 10 day quarantine at home.

the club won’t be able to put on organised official travel for 4000 fans. No one can charter that many planes. Not even Etihad.

I'm going (even though I have zero chance of a ticket) but I think most who qualify wont go.
In normal times no chartering lots of planes would be difficult however right now virtually every airline has a stack of unused planes so I'd imagine chartering would be a lot easier than usual if that was what would be done.
I know Jet 2 for one have no holidays booked before end of June so there planes will be free

In normal times no chartering lots of planes would be difficult however right now virtually every airline has a stack of unused planes so I'd imagine chartering would be a lot easier than usual if that was what would be done.
I know Jet 2 for one have no holidays booked before end of June so there planes will be free

4000 is 16 A300 Airbuses.
not a chance I’m afraid.
good news too as not everyone wants to go to the birthplace of civilization and be in and out in 6 hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.