City fans' view towards the Champions League

Do you enjoy the Champions League?

• Total voters
Am I glad we reached the final? Yes

Do I want us to win it? Yes, if only to get the 'monkey' off our backs and shut the dicks up who's idea of any club's 'histwy' is based solely upon how well they have performed in Europe...

Do I respect the competition? No, I thinks its made-up, over-hyped sh*te, full of it's own self-importance, made up by fat, corrupt eurocrat sorts, full of their own self-importance, who have taken what was a great competition between true national champions, pitted against each other, winner takes all, like our FA Cup, and turned it into today's mockery of a competition, based solely on money and keeping their 'elite' clubs in powerful positions, denying through FFP the opportunity for other clubs to reach the heady heights - and all that UEFA bollocks about the ESL had me in hysterics of laughter.. "not putting the fans first" "destroying the game 'WE' all love"!!!?? Really, lads..? so we're having to play the Final where exactly chaps... and what exactly happened in Moscow a few years back?

It stinks. I will never hold it in any regard. None. I would sooner we won it and then handed the trinket back to its fat, corrupt, self-important proponents and walked off the pitch never to join in it ever again... That won't happen of course but one can dream.

But that's me.

Other views are available.

Now bring on the 2021-22 Carobou Cup!

Funny how you don't see many people lauding the FIFA Club World Cup or the UEFA Super Cup as the highest honour in football. It is what it's always been, a parade competition.

Might have had value when it was genuinely a "Champions" league, not so much now.

I would sooner we won it and then handed the trinket back to its fat, corrupt, self-important proponents and walked off the pitch never to join in it ever again... That won't happen of course but one can dream.
Exactly how I feel. Apologies for going a bit Keegan but I would love it if we won the thing then nonchalantly just walked off and told them to get fucked.

I used to love watching the European Cup as a kid but the whole CL thing leaves me a little cold, the 'istree clubs seem to get a lot of beneficial decisions & having groups means the chances of upsets are far fewer.
We won't get any plaudits if we win it this year, the narrative will just change from 'you've never won it' to 'you've only won it once'.
In saying all that, it's the pinnacle of a players career at club level & the owners obviously want it.
Now we're in the final i hope we go on to win it but the League title will always mean more to me personally.

Now that we proved we can reach the final, can we trade it with Leicester City for FA cup final, it's Chelsea either way!

I don’t like the fact that you can qualify for it by finishing in the top 4 so therefore are not the best.
Scousers did not win it by being the best in England and if Spuds had won they definitely were not the best team yet they made the final.
Likewise we qualified for this seasons comp by not being the best last season so to me the whole process is not right.
Now I admit to a lot of my mates I am a football hypocrite and if City win it I will be ecstatic but it’s not a patch on a league title and in its current guise it never will be.

Woooooa a few unhappy people here. Whatever your views the team deserve it, and they deserve our support.

If you don't want to support them fair enough I guess. But get this, we're beating UEFA and their game. We've fucked them over so much by getting to the final, that deserves support too I think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.