Bluemoon Angling Thread

Being an antisocial angler, bank holiday Monday was great for me. Got go the local water in the howling wind and rain, not a soul in sight.

Found myself a peg with the wind behind me, brolly tied down and settled into some rod-tip crucian fishing. Hadn't had any this year, probably due to the cold weather but had an inkling they'd be around.

Had a great day and caught nine crucian as well as some decent roach, rudd and perch but none of the stockie tench I have been complaining about recently. Well worth the effort.

20210503_133615.jpg

Being an antisocial angler, bank holiday Monday was great for me. Got go the local water in the howling wind and rain, not a soul in sight.

Found myself a peg with the wind behind me, brolly tied down and settled into some rod-tip crucian fishing. Hadn't had any this year, probably due to the cold weather but had an inkling they'd be around.

Had a great day and caught nine crucian as well as some decent roach, rudd and perch but none of the stockie tench I have been complaining about recently. Well worth the effort.

View attachment 16017
What’s the piccy of?

A bud of mine recently caught a 14 pound carp about 80 miles west of here on the Snake River. Surprised the hell out of him as he was fly fishing for trout, didn’t even know there were. Carp in the river

498-E14-DD-C8-A2-418-C-BA9-C-DEFEB07-BA4-E8.jpg

Beautiful day, not even a bite all day, they increased the flow while we were on the river,,,,coonts Did see a Peregrine Falcon, lots of eagles and ospreys, so still a great day

Last edited:

View attachment 16017
What a pretty Crucian.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.