Bluemoon Angling Thread

Received this Trent Barbel pic from a friend on WhatsApp earlier. An absolute huge fish in fine condition! It may not have spawned yet, could be wrong though.
Anyone else heard of this, DD have you heard owt mate?

Yes, it’s genuine but certainly full of spawn. Caught from Clifton I think. I was told but have forgotten.

I’ve got a foot injury so I’m struggling to get out. Had one barbel session on The Ribble last Friday and it was grim. Wasn’t fit enough to yomp to the best peg so ended up in a so-so area. It absolutely lashed it down all day. The sand I was on got so waterlogged that my brolly pegs kept popping out and I ended up holding onto the brolly for dear life, facing into howling wind and rain. To cap it off I didn’t get a proper bite.

I’ll be back when my foot’s better. Well done to all of you who’ve caught this week.

Yes, it’s genuine but certainly full of spawn. Caught from Clifton I think. I was told but have forgotten.

I’ve got a foot injury so I’m struggling to get out. Had one barbel session on The Ribble last Friday and it was grim. Wasn’t fit enough to yomp to the best peg so ended up in a so-so area. It absolutely lashed it down all day. The sand I was on got so waterlogged that my brolly pegs kept popping out and I ended up holding onto the brolly for dear life, facing into howling wind and rain. To cap it off I didn’t get a proper bite.

I’ll be back when my foot’s better. Well done to all of you who’ve caught this week.

Hope you get back on top form soon.

As regards the record barbel, we noticed that a lot of the fish we caught on the Wye were spawning which was the first time we'd seen that.

The manager of the fishery we were on, who was popping over from Redmire where he was fishing (about 15 minutes away), claimed that the carp in there had spawned multiple times this year.

Incidentally, he invited us over to see Redmire but I was so wet and miserable I couldn't be arsed. Not sure I want to anyway now its glory days are long gone.

Hope your foot gets better soon
That brings back memories. Used to fish the Ribble for chub about 30 years ago. Opposite bank to the tickled trout and about 3 miles upstream. Must have been on a Warrington or Lymm card. Hell of a walk with all your gear from where we parked. Once fell in when it was iced over and still fished the whole day soaked to the skin!!

Just been for a look on the Wye. Bloody awful colour! It's getting worse every summer.
Crap from the chicken farms upstream giving higher phosphate levels over the last 6 years than ever recorded before, I am told.
Just another nail in the silver tourists coffin. :(

Just been for a look on the Wye. Bloody awful colour! It's getting worse every summer.
Crap from the chicken farms upstream giving higher phosphate levels over the last 6 years than ever recorded before, I am told.
Just another nail in the silver tourists coffin. :(
Are the canoeists the same or has it been stopped?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.