Chelsea (H) | Post-Match Thread

Looking at that City team selection and the relatively strong Chelsea line-up with only Mount, Chilwell, Havertz (who scored twice vs Real Madrid) and that Silva bloke missing, I was expecting a much heavier defeat. Keeping them to 1-1 with only a minute remaining was quite an achievement. Hopefully we will have enough to collect points at Newcastle & Brighton with a handsome victory against Everton after.

Personally I would have gone stronger to get it won. To be fair to him that team should have got a draw at the very least and possibly the win. But that’s why Pep is manager and I am not. That’s why Pep has won 14 out of 15 finals. He knows how to prepare. If this means he thought playing a weakened side yesterday was the right to do strategically who are we to question him after what he has already delivered.
I, ll dance a jig with you when we win the final then.
Oh and let's hope Villa win us the league today as well.
14 out of 15 finals is immense.
Personally I'd like us to win the league ourselves, and yesterday was a golden opportunity.

I rarely post on here, prefer to just have a gander ar what's going on in the minds of fellow Blues.
Read the first two pages of this thread and was staggered at some of the comments.
"Fuck Aguero, fuck Pep, fuck Mendy...."
No. Fuck you lot, you bunch of entitled twats. An experiment didn't achieve the desired result. A club legend made a rare error. And a referee from Wythenshawe denied us a penalty.
The league title could still be won today. The CL final team, injuries permitting, will be easily good enough to beat Chelsea.
Stop bleating like 4-year old brats. City lost a match to the 2nd best team in the league. Big deal.
Largely agree apart from your last setence. Losing is a big deal. Always. I'd never hammer Aguero or Pep though, but I do think he could have played a changed side and given us a chance.

Looking at that City team selection and the relatively strong Chelsea line-up with only Mount, Chilwell, Havertz (who scored twice vs Real Madrid) and that Silva bloke missing, I was expecting a much heavier defeat. Keeping them to 1-1 with only a minute remaining was quite an achievement. Hopefully we will have enough to collect points at Newcastle & Brighton with a handsome victory against Everton after.
We played a better game than we had a right to expect. CFC are hard to beat but they are miles off having a side that can challenge for the title.

I rarely post on here, prefer to just have a gander ar what's going on in the minds of fellow Blues.
Read the first two pages of this thread and was staggered at some of the comments.
"Fuck Aguero, fuck Pep, fuck Mendy...."
No. Fuck you lot, you bunch of entitled twats. An experiment didn't achieve the desired result. A club legend made a rare error. And a referee from Wythenshawe denied us a penalty.
The league title could still be won today. The CL final team, injuries permitting, will be easily good enough to beat Chelsea.
Stop bleating like 4-year old brats. City lost a match to the 2nd best team in the league. Big deal.
Agree entirely, except that Sergio's penalties, at least in the last couple of years, are definitely hit and miss, mainly miss!
Pep should sort this out.
Reminder to Alty and VAR: tackling from behind was outlawed some years ago.

Last edited:
Don’t agree with making so many changes for a game where we could have won the title. We’ll still win it, but after 2 consecutive wins over us under their new coach it’s bound to give Chelsea a boost for the final. Pep partially vindicated when you look at the injury to Christensen, doubt he’ll be ready for the final.

At 1-1 Pep went for it. Didn't come off, and losing to a last minute goal is always a killer.
I missed most of the match due to a sick dog but i saw enough to know we were unlucky and the referee's a wanker.
Agreed. I predict that Chelsea have used all their luck now & we’re going to smash the cocky rags

Despite nine changes Chelski were not that much better than ourselves and that has to be a plus for the final , we have at least eight players to come in and improve our team , Chelski probably left three of their better plays out of their side.
If we score our penalty the game was over , if the bent ref had given Sterling a penalty we get a draw , these fine margins will be the deciding factor in the final , we regularly get screwed over by officials in the Champs league and we miss 50% of our penalties , these are the only two reasons Chelski have any chance, because man for man we are far better.
We need to play our own game and not match up to their tactics formation with three at the back , why Pep keeps on changing our tactics to suit the opposition is bafflling , we are the best team in europe let Tuchel worry about us.

Don’t get the Serg hate here tbh. Mainly because of all the things he’s done for us and secondly because he does miss quite a lot of penalties.
Think it’s pure frustration just. Emotions run high after things like this. He does miss a lot an awful lot which begs the question Sergio why did you actually try that?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.