Retiring abroad

I'd quite like to go somewhere poverty stricken with a nice climate where you can live like a Lord on a modest pension. Tricky finding somewhere where their economy /currency is that fucked without ccompanying social or security issues though.
Might have to be semi retirement, setting up sweat shops to churn out snide rag and dipper merchandise.

Thailand is fairly cheap and fairly safe.

Thailand is fairly cheap and fairly safe.
Never really hear of families heading out there. Always seems to be older gentlemen with *ahem* 'other interests'? I do like Thailand though, but I think I'd like to be off the beaten tourist path and away from Bangkok.

Never really hear of families heading out there. Always seems to be older gentlemen with *ahem* 'other interests'? I do like Thailand though, but I think I'd like to be off the beaten tourist path and away from Bangkok.

I lived there with my family for 15 years and there are plenty of expat families there. The older gentlemen that you refer to are generally found in certain easily avoidable areas.

I'm off to Thailand when I retire. i don't have much money, will only have state pension but will be well looked after (or floating face down in the Mekong!)

Have some land and building a house near Mukdahan. Has been a headache doing it from here as they keep making changes.

Attachments

• Home1.jpg
    Home1.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Home2.jpg
    Home2.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 50
I'm off to Thailand when I retire. i don't have much money, will only have state pension but will be well looked after (or floating face down in the Mekong!)

Have some land and building a house near Mukdahan. Has been a headache doing it from here as they keep making changes.

I'll most likely end up in Thailand too. Wouldn't be my choice but there are worse places.

Nice. What's the score with old age / healthcare?

It would depend on many things, not least financially, but I think I'd head Philippines in later years if possible.

No language barrier, easy to get to all of South East Asia, plus plenty of amazing places to see within that country.

The thought of fucking off the rat race and heading to Asia grows ever more appealing as each year passses.

I'm on the Costa Blanca about 10 mins from Villa Martin and either your mate is lying or he's been very unlucky.
There's no more crime here than anywhere else and the illegals situation is soon going to be partly sorted thanks to Brexit.
been going over there for about 6yrs, always go in the limebar in los altos to watch city while i'm there, the owners from manchester but a rag, smashing bloke though and the beers cheap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.