Retiring abroad

I think the last 14 months have probably seen a slight rise in petty theft and burglaries due to the Covid situation and a lot of people out of work. In normal times this area has always been a very safe one I've found. It's one of the reasons I chose to stay here after living in a few different places in southern Spain and Tenerife.
Hopefully things improve as life gets back to some normality.
I've enjoyed my trips to the area and will hopefully return once the pandemic is under control. I've been to the quirky Nut House in San Miguel for a beer, good laugh with a few of the lads. I usually play golf when visiting the area, Las Ramblas is my favourite, a proper old style course, have to be careful in a buggy though. Some other great courses like La Finca but just a tad too long for me these days. I didn't mean to deride the area you live in, as I said it was my mate who was relaying the info but he's honestly the biggest moaning fucker I've come accross!

I think the last 14 months have probably seen a slight rise in petty theft and burglaries due to the Covid situation and a lot of people out of work. In normal times this area has always been a very safe one I've found. It's one of the reasons I chose to stay here after living in a few different places in southern Spain and Tenerife.
Hopefully things improve as life gets back to some normality.
When we lived over there most of the thievery that occured on peoples farms or properties, usually those that were unoccupied for a length of time, was commited during the fruit picking season. Seeing as most of the crop pickers were/are itinerant Morrocans, they got the blame. Most cases it was justifiable although the local plod didn't need much excuse to nick them.

I'd quite like to go somewhere poverty stricken with a nice climate where you can live like a Lord on a modest pension. Tricky finding somewhere where their economy /currency is that fucked without ccompanying social or security issues though.
Might have to be semi retirement, setting up sweat shops to churn out snide rag and dipper merchandise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.