Champions League Final | Travel Requirements + COVID Tests

This isn't quite correct.

If you are flying back anytime on Sunday, then a PCR test done in the UK anytime on Thursday will cover this requirement.

The outbound PCR test requirement for Portugal is 72 hours before arrival.
The inbound test requirement for the UK is any of the 3 days before your flight.....so if you fly back Sunday then a negative test done on Thursday, Friday or Saturday is fine.

It's a subtle but significant difference.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

View attachment 17480
I thought that but City and Spike say 72 hours which would leave you short if you took it Thursday am and you arrive back Sunday pm. Its a fucking disgrace what UEFA have done to both sets of fans coupled to this confusion.

Yer mate lateral flow does game aswell think get 48 hrs for lateral flow,just dont take chance mate,you can ring them up and change it,its rearly not worth it,theres goin to be a few blues in tears at airport i can see it,hope im wrong,but in my eyes if i av to get a lateral flow twice im not arsed,but missin flight is a killer could potentially ruin the lot
Yeah I’m gonna phone them in the morning to change it to Tuesday or Wednesday (if they bother answering, already phoned 3 times tonight and had no answer)

I thought that but City and Spike say 72 hours which would leave you short if you took it Thursday am and you arrive back Sunday pm. Its a fucking disgrace what UEFA have done to both sets of fans coupled to this confusion.

It doesn't matter what City, Spike or anyone says.
The Government website is the only place to get the absolute correct information, and it clearly states '3 full days'.

Fully agreed about UEFA :)

It doesn't matter what City, Spike or anyone says.
The Government website is the only place to get the absolute correct information, and it clearly states '3 full days'.

Fully agreed about UEFA :)
I’ve been quoting the government website all week on the 3 days thing but I’ve now come across this government page specifically for the CL final and it states within 72 hours ffs!

• if you are returning to the UK within 72 hours, you can use the result of the COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must depart for the UK within 72 hours of when you took the test

I’ve been quoting the government website all week on the 3 days thing but I’ve now come across this government page specifically for the CL final and it states within 72 hours ffs!

• if you are returning to the UK within 72 hours, you can use the result of the COVID-19 test that you take in the UK before you travel. You must depart for the UK within 72 hours of when you took the test

Jesus Christ they don't make things easy for us haha

That particular bullet point directly contradicts their other advice.
So they are either moving the goalposts for football fans, or something isn't quite right.

Surely the government aren't gonna tinker advice solely for travelling football fans.....surely?!

And to top it off....gonna have to order a fucking meal at 9pm to continue drinking ;)

Just to edit this post.....people can obviously choose which advice to believe and adhere too, and certainly no harm in playing it safe where possible, but I did notice that article has come via the Embassy/Consulate in Portugal.

1621631456176.png

If I was going to take any advice as gospel, it would be from the below link as that is source material. Just my opinion though.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Last edited:
Literally says on Chelsea’s website either a PCR or LFT is valid to gain entry to the stadium but City & the Gov.UK website specify a PCR test only. So confusing

Attachments

• 7000AFEA-0DF7-4F60-A8C9-DE5B828909A3.png
    7000AFEA-0DF7-4F60-A8C9-DE5B828909A3.png
    663 KB · Views: 17
Ive booked for thursday dam,flyin friday ,but 5 of us changed time back too wensday last night,as just dont fuckin trust em to be on time an no problems,spent way to much money for sum fuckwit to nause me whole trip up on a shitty covid test,i just need to get a lateral flow over there now,30 euros spikes doin them from his hotel get a pint whilst ur waitin,just think about it blues,is it a risk,day before yess,fuck that
I’ve done this too. Had paid £159 for a PCR test on Thursday with results in just 3 hours so should get the result at 5pm but I don’t even trust that will happen, let alone if I’d paid a bit less for same day results, so I’ve brought the test forward to Wednesday which gives me all day Thursday to chase the fuckers up if I don’t get the result when I should. Sure, it means I have to do the 30 Euro test over there at Spike’s hotel but given I’ve already shelled out over £800, what’s another 30 Euros?

Literally says on Chelsea’s website either a PCR or LFT is valid to gain entry to the stadium but City & the Gov.UK website specify a PCR test only. So confusing
If they end up insisting on PCR to get in the ground then a lot of fans - including me - will be denied entry. Probably more on the Chelsea side given they’ve stated LFT is ok but loads of City fans are getting LFTs done over there as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.