Harry Kane

They were always expected to, their stance hasnt changed at all.

5 weeks ago they weren't (table before our 2nd leg vs them):
Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 23.11.19.png
To now:
Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 23.11.40.png

Things have definitely changed, not just for Dortmund but for Haaland too. He's a young striker breaking Champions League records, so being out of the Champions League wasn't an option for him. Now they're safe he doesn't have to force a move, in fact he can do 1 more year in the Champions League at Dortmund and then command a huge wage next season when there's a bidding war for him.

As it stands with Haaland seemingly off the table, Kane makes sense, wants to come and would genuinely be great in our side, plus Pep obviously likes him.

Because I believe if you give Lewandowski the same contract time as you would to Kane, you would still get his best until the end. He shows no sign or slowing down or decline. I think he will still be a gigantic talent as a striker at the age of an Ibra, Cavani, Fernandinho or Ronaldo. And for that reason, I believe he could be a pretty great investment for less money. I do believe he is significantly more talented than Kane, which isn’t a detriment to Kane, to be fair. I have been watching this guy for many years, I have seen him play all kinds of games, small and big, against all kinds of defenses, and he always shows up. He’s great at everything. He would get here and hit the ground running, knowing exactly what Pep wants from day one.
But there are people here who think he will really be exposed as a fraud when he has to smell the grass in England and play against the great defenses of Crystal Palace and Brighton. What can you say to that?

He would def do the job for two or three years, so what do other option have above him ?

1. Kane - English, not as potent but home grown and England captain

2. Haaland - youth on his side, prestige (for now)

Both three times as expensive - so might be a good call - they all have their values

I’ll leave it to pep and co who are much better informed than me

But there are people here who think he will really be exposed as a fraud when he has to smell the grass in England and play against the great defenses of Crystal Palace and Brighton. What can you say to that?
I have seen no one suggesting that Lewandowski is a fraud, but at pretty much exactly 5 years older than Kane he is even less likely to have his best years ahead of him.
We already have a brilliant striker age 32. Many would prefer Haaland to Kane, but an expensive Lewandowski is less appealing to most than an expensive Kane.

Because I believe if you give Lewandowski the same contract time as you would to Kane, you would still get his best until the end. He shows no sign or slowing down or decline. I think he will still be a gigantic talent as a striker at the age of an Ibra, Cavani, Fernandinho or Ronaldo. And for that reason, I believe he could be a pretty great investment for less money. I do believe he is significantly more talented than Kane, which isn’t a detriment to Kane, to be fair. I have been watching this guy for many years, I have seen him play all kinds of games, small and big, against all kinds of defenses, and he always shows up. He’s great at everything, more complete, more experienced. He would get here and hit the ground running, knowing exactly what Pep wants from day one.
If he was up for it definitely. Best out and out striker in world football the last decade

I have seen no one suggesting that Lewandowski is a fraud, but at pretty much exactly 5 years older than Kane he is even less likely to have his best years ahead of him.
We already have a brilliant striker age 32. Many would prefer Haaland to Kane, but an expensive Lewandowski is less appealing to most than an expensive Kane.
Listen, I am not advocating for Lewandowski. If you go to his thread, you will see my posts there. I am only claiming that the more I think about it, the less I see the point of offering Kane an expressively larger amount of money to get about the same (or less) for the same time.
There is a difference between Aguero and Lewandowski, and that is significantly less injury issues.
The way Lewandowski plays and watching his physicality, I repeat, I see no signs that he won’t be delivering the same level at the age of an Ibra, Ronaldo, Cavani and Fernandinho (whom we apparently are extending a contract with). But that’s just me

Last edited by a moderator:
I am ok with Kane but wonder how he will cope with being told how to Play and be actually coached to play in a different way by Pep?
He is Billy Big Bollocks at spurs. He will just be one of many at City.
Kun was prepared to learn from Pep and buckle down. Will Kane?

I don't think is going to happen. Levy is going to come out and say Kane is going nowhere hes got to see out his contract he's not for sale end of

I am ok with Kane but wonder how he will cope with being told how to Play and be actually coached to play in a different way by Pep?
He is Billy Big Bollocks at spurs. He will just be one of many at City.
Kun was prepared to learn from Pep and buckle down. Will Kane?

Kane’s changed the way he plays, he drops deep, presses and defends now. He brings other players into the game it’s why he’s top of the goals and assists charts. Probably why Pep likes him

I understand people people would prefer Haaland, but all this talk of re sale value when it comes to Kane is ridiculous. All our great players of the Las 10 years have left for free! Zabba, YaYa, Vinny,Canary Dave and now Sergio, we haven't got a fee for any of them, but they have all delivered trophies. If kane cost 120m + and wins us 3/4 league titles in the next 5/6 years then his non resale value and fee will have been well worth it!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.