Harry Kane

People talk about resale value but then seem happy to pay £60m for Lewandowski who is 5 years Kane’s senior, and I think Kane is right up there with him. The more I think about this transfer the more I think it makes sense.

I’m not sure what you mean here. We could pay a higher fee for Kane and also not get anything with resale, no? If we think they would deliver similarly, why is Lewandowski a worse idea?

Agreed. Apart from Kane being 28... ;-)

Kane would do a great job for City and it would pretty much ensure the next 2 league titles IMO. It’s just not quite the future planning I was hoping for....

If Haaland stays outside of England with his next move then it’s all good. I just feel it’s fallen nicely for the rags to go balls deep for him next summer and they’ll probably get him.
His dad’s career was finished by a rag in a derby, if he goes there he wants his head examining.

Haaland will not go on to be world class IMHO and kane already is
I’m not following your rational with Haaland?

You thinking he plays in a joke league, so with Dortmund finishing at best 3rd, they must be a real joke of a team right?

Yet here he is having scored 12 goals in 10 the CL for Dortmund, whilst also scoring 8 in 6 in the CL for Salzburg, who must be an even bigger joke playing in the joke of an Austrian league, so that’s 20 CL goals in 16 games playing for 2 jokes of clubs

So he has a better goal scoring record per game in the CL than both Messi & Tranny which is a fair comparison seeing as it’s the same competition, all whilst playing for a joke team

Messi by the age of 20 had 2 in 11 playing in an incredible Barca team
Tranny had 0 in 12 playing in a very strong United team

So what exactly is it that makes you think he won’t be world class, when his CL stats playing for 2 ‘joke’ teams suggest otherwise?

Totally understand it’s your opinion, but how have you come to that conclusion? What part of his game don’t you rate?

I’m not sure what you mean here. We could pay a higher fee for Kane and also not get anything with resale, no? If we think they would deliver similarly, why is Lewandowski a worse idea?
The point was that in 5 years time Kane would surely also be worth In the region of £60m if Lewandowski is today - not sure how anybody can say Kane will be worth nothing in 4 years at 31 years of age but then also see good value in Lewandowski at £60m at 32 years of age (unless you think the latter is significantly more talented, but I do not).

Just watched most of his interview and ended up getting all giddy.

Fernandinho won't be around forever and a spine of Dias, De Bruyne and Kane goes some way to replacing the old guard. Not just in terms of quality but in terms of that unshakeable self belief and determination.

I'd love Haaland and would be lying if I said otherwise but Kane looks like he is just as determined to prove himself. People see him as the finished article but he could take his numbers up to stratospheric levels in a team like ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.