Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised this doesn’t have any likes. It answers the question that many are asking as to how/why we buy Grealish when already pretty well stocked with attacking players.
Yes. Despite admiring Grealish as a player, I thought he’d be too expensive a way to marginally improve the squad. So neither the best use of cash nor the best motivator unless someone fairly big is leaving. That is easier said than done in the current market.

However, you can see Pep’s determined logic and sense a cold ruthlessness. He’s saying you have to shake up the MIX to stay at the summit.

Kane plus Grealish would certainly light some fireworks.

It’s sounding like Pep has resolved to bite the bullet. Without naming names, that could well involve ditching a former stalwart who’s not cutting it any more.

How feasible that is in the current market, I don‘t know. I just think it’s far more likely than I did before seeing the video.

Our priority must be a striker I agree. That’s not my argument. I have on good authority from a source at Villa there is no need to sell and the fee they want is £100mill. I hope we walk away and prioritise a left back and striker

I really hope you’re right mate.

Can’t get behind this signing at all. He’s a great player, but I just don’t see how we need him.

I’d far rather see us use the money to push the boat out on the striker we can build a team around for the next decade, and give more minutes to some of the talented midfielders we’ve got coming through the Academy like Palmer, Doyle and McAtee.

I’d be happy to see him sign but some of the over rating of him in some quarters is bizarre.
We aren’t talking prime Zidane here, we are talking a very capable player who has so far only looked good in a mediocre Villa side where he’s basically given a free role to do as he pleases.
My main concern, especially with the numbers touted would be how he will react in a more disciplined side with tactics unlike he’s ever encountered plus the pressure to win relentlessly for a coach that demands more from his team than any other out there.
Be interesting to see who makes way, because somebody has to.

I honestly don't beleive that though. say it was true and at 50m to make it easy would be a great signing.
No way villa agreed to that though, why would they. They could get more than that by not extending his contract and paying him less, and demanding high when someone comes in for him.
This. Why on earth would Villa have agreed to a £45m release clause?

Grealish clearly re-signed to get a better deal both for himself and Villa.

I’d be happy to see him sign but some of the over rating of him in some quarters is bizarre.
We aren’t talking prime Zidane here, we are talking a very capable player who has so far only looked good in a mediocre Villa side where he’s basically given a free role to do as he pleases.
My main concern, especially with the numbers touted would be how he will react in a more disciplined side with tactics unlike he’s ever encountered plus the pressure to win relentlessly for a coach that demands more from his team than any other out there.
Be interesting to see who makes way, because somebody has to.

I hear you on the first point, a bit like Mahrez before he joined, he's been the star man in a setup that works for him.

Second point on how he'd react, I'm very confident Grealish would rise to it. Let's not diminish what he's achieved: age 23/24 he captained and carried a big PL club on his shoulders and kept them in the league. Age 24/25 he was pushing them to a top half finish. This is not a small thing: he's a leader.

Either Villa or Barnett have spoken overnight. Let’s see

someone’s off I reckon from us, what pep said to Rio yesterday about you can’t keep winning with the same squad, there might be changes this summer players we didn’t think leaving etc especially with that Laporte tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.