Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

We benched Dinho....why didnt Tuchel bench Kante....both the most important players in their respective teams in their positions ?? Somebody was trying to be too cocky and saying " i am the boss and i know best"...i bet hand on heart 90% of true city fans will say he got it wrong and the same amount would have said that before KO
The killer is that if we were honest with ourselves we knew they weren't going to win when we saw the team. Last year I tried to believe they'd get the job done against Lyon and this was the same. We always say "In Pep we trust" but you can't win the CL without playing to your strengths. I'd rather park the bus than play w/o a holding MF.

With the formation he picked they looked disjointed from the start, the team he picked had never played before together and in 60 of the 61 games they played this season before the final one or both had started...was it the game to try something new?
Absolutely not. I can't think of a less appropriate occasion to piss about and experiment. And the whole Sterling thing was a bit baffling as well. The man is bang out of form and has been for ages.

I'm 55 and you get near a man if the rest of the defence is moved apart FFS ....simple basic defending....who do you think he should be marking just out of interest ????????????????
Zinchenko is our left back, Havertz took the ball around Ederson on the right hand side of the box and Zinch was the only one who got anywhere near him. Walker, Stones and Dias were more culpable than Zinchenko

That's what I keep thinking too. Carragher was on CBS and said that Chelsea was probably thrilled when they saw the team sheet.
Sick of reading this crap about Sterling shouldn't have been playing. He's scored 10 goals from 31 Prem starts this season. On that basis Chelsea should have lost because they picked Werner - he's only scored 6 from 35 starts so Tuchel could have dropped Werner for the same reasons based on that theory.

I cannot believe that so many people are so naive that they think all you need to do is pick your current best 11 players and you'll win. I can't believe I'm having to say this, but it doesn't quite work like that.

Our best player was literally taken out of the game by a deliberate, and sneak, attack.
We’ll never know if De Bruyne would have made the difference but he’s done it before against Chelsea.
He was poor before the injury but yes Kev is a match winner but I don't think he was deliberately taken out of the game

I have rewatched the game and trust me the game was fucking much closer than expected...

Foden‘s big chance, Mahrez possible 1v1 vs Mendy, Sterlings possible chance (if he would simply be better inform...) after Ederson‘s pass and Mahrez last minute Chance to score a dreamgoal...

I swear Chelsea scored the goal, when it felt like a 0-0 Half after both teams were POSSIBLY able to score more than one goal (atleast a goal) City more likely than Chelsea. Their best chance was Werner when he the outside net..

They really scored the goal at the least expectable time after a position fuck up of Zinchenko, Walker and Stones.. Which is ironic as I saw Dias and Zinchenko as our best defender until the goal was scored and Walker in second half, the player that wanted the most imho. Absolutely avoidable ffs....

And in second half they had the best chance with Pulisic 1v1 vs Ederson minute 71.. but Agüero‘s cross/shot which was saved by Mendy if he wouldn‘t done that, Foden had a empty net in-front of him, 89 Minute Chillwell save in the box vs Foden and Mahrez almost dreamgoal in the last minute of Injury time... City could have won the final..

At the first watch I thought Chelsea big time deserved the win, but after the rewatch? It was close as fuck and slightly deserved by Chelsea. I sympathize for Tuchel so I‘m happy that he won after the last year‘s fucking close lose vs Bayern, but Absolutely feel gutted for Pep :(

Won't delete it - try to reword it ......................
"So next year we will have another attempt"
Hang on, that sounds a bit like the raggies
How about "Heads high BLUES, we have lots to be proud of"
How about "We did the double again including 3 premier leagues in 4 years."

Our best player was literally taken out of the game by a deliberate, and sneak, attack.
We’ll never know if De Bruyne would have made the difference but he’s done it before against Chelsea.
Agreed, and not losing him and/or their player getting a red for the foul could have made the difference that would have nullified the team selection opinion/theory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.